Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Shamrock

other To Blog or Not to Blog?

One thing I'll add to this is most social media platforms whether it's twitter or facebook, etc. require networking, which means in order for you to be followed, you need to follow others so that people notice you. Without a book to market may make it a little harder to get a following but regardless of the frequency of your posts, the most important thing is consistency and trying to post on a schedule like once every week or two and you if you do multiple platforms you could split it into fortnightly schedule and post on 2 platforms 1 week and 2 on the next. You can also use some of these platforms to link to your other platforms. 

One issue with this can be keeping on top of things that friends of friends post that may show up in your feed so you have to be careful with your preferences/settings and keep an eye on what is posted by others that may end up on your wall 

But as someone said already, with social media, the response you receive will depend on what you put into it. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Amosathar said:

One thing I'll add to this is most social media platforms whether it's twitter or facebook, etc. require networking, which means in order for you to be followed, you need to follow others so that people notice you. Without a book to market may make it a little harder to get a following but regardless of the frequency of your posts, the most important thing is consistency and trying to post on a schedule like once every week or two and you if you do multiple platforms you could split it into fortnightly schedule and post on 2 platforms 1 week and 2 on the next. You can also use some of these platforms to link to your other platforms. 

One issue with this can be keeping on top of things that friends of friends post that may show up in your feed so you have to be careful with your preferences/settings and keep an eye on what is posted by others that may end up on your wall 

But as someone said already, with social media, the response you receive will depend on what you put into it. 

Nicely put!

I blog for the same reasons that I write: to get my thoughts written down and to strive to bring glory to God. If blogging is a prerequisite for being a successful author, then that is likely never going to happen. It's just not my focus or passion.