Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Ky_GirlatHeart

Really, Burger King?

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/bk-finland-launches-new-lgbtqp-for-pedophile-love-conquers-all-ad-featuring-burger-king-kissing-ronald-mcdonald/

Just take a look at this link, if possible.

We all know that Burger King is famous for the Whopper, the Impossible Whopper, and their chicken fries (which, I mean, come on, who wouldn't eat that??). But, after reading this article, I don't think that I'll be purchasing from either one of these restaurants anytime soon. Or ever.

I'm not forcing y'all to do the same either, but at least read it and pray over it. Even though this ad was all the way in Helsinki (maybe a couple of y'all are there!), it's still coming to America someday...

We need revival. This is just one of the few of thousands of reasons why.

• Like 1

That's disgusting... I'm glad I never eat there.

Edited by HK1
  • Like 2

I now believe God gave me a gift when He allowed me to become Celiac. I haven't eaten at either of these places except for Mc D's fries. Hey, I really don't need those fries either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Even though this ad was all the way in Helsinki (maybe a couple of y'all are there!), it's still coming to America someday...

Doubt it. Too many Mickey-Dee corporate lawyers chomping at the bit for that to happen. 

In fact, I wonder how long before the lawsuits start flying in Finland. Never underestimate the clout behind a corporate trademark infringement. Too much money on the line, which will even override gay pride.   

9 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

What do you mean that you doubt of it coming to America? I just need a bit of clarification, please.

Three words: Corporate trademark infringement. 

From another account I read, McDonald's didn't give Burger King permission to use the likeness of Ronald McDonald for that ad. Large corporations are fiercely protective of their brand, particularly when used by their competition. Not sure of the trademark laws in Finland, but I think Burger King took a huge legal risk. They certainly wouldn't get away with this in America.     

Accord64, is what you're saying that this is not an ad reflecting McDonald's actually working with Burger King? That this is a fake? Is this something Burger King did? Or is it made up by nowtheendbegins.com? Is this just someone trying to stir up more anxiety than we already have?

2 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Accord64, is what you're saying that this is not an ad reflecting McDonald's actually working with Burger King?

The report I read said no, and that McDonald's hadn't made any comment (yet). Probably spinning up their lawyers.

2 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

That this is a fake? Is this something Burger King did? Or is it made up by nowtheendbegins.com? Is this just someone trying to stir up more anxiety than we already have?

It seems to be something that Burger King cooked up for the Finland market, but it could also be a fake. I couldn't find any reports from a larger (reputable) news outlet, so I'm trusting that the report I read was accurate.

I also didn't spend too much time looking into it. Honestly, I feel like it's hardly worth the time I put into it already. Companies try to pull these types of PR stunts all the time. The more attention we give it, the more it succeeds.  

22 hours ago, Accord64 said:

I couldn't find any reports from a larger (reputable) news outlet,

And that is part of the problem. It's not hard to make up a news item that upsets a bunch of people. Upset one of them and they pass it on. I believe there is something in the Scriptures about false prophets? Not just then.