Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

My Church Has Finally Reopened for Sunday Worship

The Church where I'd been attending Worship has finally reopened for Sunday Services, after being shut down since the middle of March, by the corona virus pandemic.  It's the Integrity Church, located in Yaphank, Long Island; about an hour and a half drive east of New York City.  Now the Regathering has begun.

https://integrityli.org/regathering/

Over the past few months, they've been posting recorded videos of Worship Services, showing only the members of the Band playing their instruments and singing. This was followed by the Pastor's Sermons. There were also just a few people in attendance.

Now watching recorded worship services does have some advantages.  You know exactly how long the Worship Service will last. You can adjust the volume. There is closed captioning, so if your computer's volume isn't loud enough, you can read what's being said. Also, if you'd like to have a snack while in virtual attendance, go right ahead. 

The main disadvantage is that there is no fellowship.

Now fellowship has returned.  The Pastor was the one who picked me up and drove me to the Church, where I was able to meet many of my friends, for the first time in six months.  Yesterday, the Service was held outdoors. Several dozen people attended, seated on folding chairs, in the Church parking lot and on the surrounding lawn. Beginning next Sunday, there will be two indoor services, just like before the shut down.  

There are some covid19 restrictions. We still have to wear masks, and keep a six foot distance. I consider those to be minor inconveniences, in comparison to us all getting together to Worship the Lord again.

I praise the Lord for all this. In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 6

Praise God for being able to come to church once again!

Our church did the same thing for recorded services in the past due to this craziness, and the subtitles were wacky enough to get a laugh out of! I did miss going to church and seeing people face to face though!

And yes, snacking during livestreams is always a possibility. Lol.

• Like 1

When our church opened up, we had to do it gradually. Due to the state's (Indiana) phased reopening and having been at 4.5 of the five phases, our church is not yet completely reopened. We have to be patient with the process. We don't want to feel responsible for anyone testing positive for COVID-19.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.  I pray that all Churches will reopen soon.

Then: 

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

(2 Chronicles 7:14)

5 hours ago, jellicochris said:

@William D'Andrea I bet you are "Super Excited."

Not really what you'd call "Excited".

"Comforted" is a more accurate description.  Distress is starting to diminish.  Peace of mind and a sense of well being are beginning to develop. 

Thank the Lord.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Edited by William D'Andrea