Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Ora

Resistance to creativity

I just started reading "The War of Art"; here's an interesting quote:

"Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our soul's evolution, the more Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it."

Pressfield, Steven. The War of Art (p. 12). Black Irish Entertainment LLC. Kindle Edition.

38 minutes ago, Ora said:

The more important a call or action is to our soul's evolution, the more Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.

Hmmm...I don't know that I agree with that. The Lord asked me to write for Him, and though I was overwhelmed and surprised, I did not resist, and never thought of resisting.

I'm about half-way through the book.  According to the author Resistance (capitalized as a named force) is procrastination, distraction, delay, etc. that war against our calling.

I'm still waiting for the author to give the strategy to win the war and follow the dream. I hope, by the end of the book, to learn something.😏

Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it.

Pressfield, Steven. The War of Art (p. 146). Black Irish Entertainment LLC. Kindle Edition. 

I believe this quote summarizes the intent of the book.  The writer's perspective is a bit New Age-y. The war is (in my words) the war between flesh and spirit, or (in the author's words) between the ego and the self.

End of book report.😉