Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Amosathar

Howdy! - Newbie here!

My name is Phil and I am a novice writer.  I am from Australia, I am legally blind and for the last several years I have been working on a fictional novel dealing with the supernatural. I took a break for a few years, but I am looking at getting back into it. This is my first serious piece of literature other than some poetry and I have no idea if I am actually any good or how I could improve. So I am hoping to find some help here and encouragement here.

I am looking forward to meeting new people who also like writing and being a member of the community.

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Is there anything in the way we post things that we could do to help you?

Thank you to everyone for the kind welcome. 

I'm really not sure how to proceed here or what is the next steps, but I'll tell you a little about my novel.

Originally I was inspired by a Frank Peretti book to write a book that dealt with supernatural oppression of a small country town. I wasn't trying to copy his style or his ideas, but soon enough the novel started to take on a life of it's own and go in a different direction. I would often get an idea and sit down and start writing and before I knew it would have 2 to 3 pages of story. This happened quite a lot, even a few times just before I wanted to go to bed and I didn't want to forget or lose the story in my head so I'd sit down and write it. 

Due to life getting in the way I took a break from writing for a few years and I feel like it's time to start writing again. At the moment the book is 128 pages long and 13 chapters, it has built the backstory for many characters and tells their story of how each of them are dealing with different battles, whether it's from fear, doubt, depression, love lost or like, the overall theme is the current title of the book which is "The Battle Unseen" and how their different struggles will eventually bring them together in different ways to achieve an ultimate goal.

As I said, I'm not sure how to proceed from here, I've never had anyone look at it and hope it is good enough to be considered entertaining, but I have no professional experience in writing and I never went to college or university to study it either.

@Amosathar I think that you have a very developed book going on there! You can post it in Critique and Discussion if you'd like for some feedback, or you can browse the different clubs and see if there's one that you'd like to join.

In order for you to post your work in the critique forum, you need to have made at least 10 comments (and let the system catch up). You will also need to give two critiques of others for every one of your own works. So just roam through the site and post more comments.