Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Zee

Paperbacks

So I went ahead and enrolled in Draft2Digital's Beta Print program, which means my books are now available in paperback as well as ebooks. I've been nothing less than satisfied with Draft2Digital's ebook formatting and production, which leads me to assume their physical copies will be good quality as well. But I haven't actually seen them yet.

Has anybody else done done Draft2Digital for print books? Were you happy with the results?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zee said:

So I went ahead and enrolled in Draft2Digital's Beta Print program, which means my books are now available in paperback as well as ebooks. I've been nothing less than satisfied with Draft2Digital's ebook formatting and production, which leads me to assume their physical copies will be good quality as well. But I haven't actually seen them yet.

Has anybody else done done Draft2Digital for print books? Were you happy with the results?

Great idea to make the book a paperback!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Accord64 said:

Do they allow you to order proof (or author) copies?

Yes, you can buy author copies at printing cost (about 2.50.)

I've worked with CreateSpace and now Amazon Direct Services.  I liked CreateSpace, and was pleased with their print books and the layout process.  I am not as "pleased" with the Amazon Direct process.  I considered D2D before my last project.  I will have to look into their service again.

And congratulations on your book. 

Their website is simple and easily navigated for someone not familiar with that kind of thing, and every time I’ve had a question they have answered promptly. And the ebooks at least look great.

8 hours ago, Accord64 said:

Do they allow you to order proof (or author) copies?

they can allow you to order author copies and less cost prize

8 hours ago, jennifer1113 said:

Great idea to make the book a paperback!

great, but the negative of it if that you dont know how your book is being sold, they create a sheet for u but yet you cant monitor the sale of your book..

I also written book through D2D, it available on Ebook and Paperback, it on sales on amazon, ebook, kobobook. barnes&Nobles. you can also get it on my page : ebsamali.weebly.com/my-book.

the title is THE HARDCORE TRUTH ON BAD ADDICTION AND THE SEVEN STEPS TO OVERCOME IT.

t Christian book and revealing so many secrete of unclean spirit behind every bad addiction or habit, the reason for bad addiction, consequence and danger of bad addiction etc.

Try get your copy..

5 hours ago, ebsamali said:

they can allow you to order author copies and less cost prize

There's a prize? 😉

9 hours ago, Donald James said:

I've worked with CreateSpace and now Amazon Direct Services.  I liked CreateSpace, and was pleased with their print books and the layout process.  I am not as "pleased" with the Amazon Direct process.  I considered D2D before my last project. 

I'm in the same boat, although I haven't yet experienced the new Amazon process. 

Overall, there's a lot more involved in creating a print version. Formatting is far a more complex process (compared to eBook), with many interior design possibilities to choose from. Cover design is also complex, with spline and back cover involved. I got used to the Createspace process, so I'm curious if other vendors have been able streamline without sacrificing choice.       

7 hours ago, ebsamali said:

great, but the negative of it if that you dont know how your book is being sold, they create a sheet for u but yet you cant monitor the sale of your book..

I don’t think I get what the problem is. Can you explain? To my knowledge, they offer the physical books through the same sales channels as the ebooks, and track sales the same way. Of course, you can’t know what people might go on to do with the paperbacks once purchased, but that’s really the same for the ebooks.