Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Please pray for our city

The Kentucky Derby, postponed in May, will be run tomorrow. One large protest group is coming to town. A few months ago, they said they would come back and burn down the town. But now, they say they're coming peacefully. And at the time of the Derby. Prayers are appreciated. 🧡

• Like 2

"...be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.   Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.   Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.  Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

(Ephesians 6:10-20)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Leone said:

What are they protesting against? 

I want to put this as generically as I can. These groups have been very vocal on racial and social issues. They're coming from out of town (in their hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars buses) in action against the B-Taylor uproar. As I said, they were shouting a few months ago that they would be back to burn the city down. Now, they say they are coming peacefully. And now, they are very vocal against the fact that law enforcement has restricted where they will be able to go. I'm glad that paid visitors are not allowed at the track.

• Like 3

You know, the irony is that Detroit - the home of the worst riots in the 60s - is NOT putting up with this nonsense.

I'll pray.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm in Detroit!  They definitely don't put up with it.  But they recently ruled not to allow the police to use batons and other riot control devices on belligerent crowds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Thank you, jonjovi.

Prayers are working. I haven't heard of anything violent going on.

So you’re in...Louisville?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

For 74 years!

Lol, I think you reversed the numbers. 

12 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

For 74 years! :D

Wow, that’s impressive. I don’t think I know anyone who’s lived in one place that long.

• Like 1