Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I have a colonoscopy in the morning (at 8:30) but somethings wrong with my prep. I'm dehydrated (i think) and the doctor told me to go to the ER to get checked out. Hopefully it's nothing more than dehydration. Will try to update when I can. 

• Sad 1

the colonoscopy went well. the ER did absolutely nothing for me: four hours, and didn't even give me an IV until around 7:00m, and by then I needed to leave for my colonoscopy. it was terrible. the results showed severe UC flare up, so the gastronologist had me admitted to the hospital (a different one) to get some stronger meds to get it under control. not sure how long I will be staying, but it may only be for one night. thank you all so much for praying!

• Sad 1

Thanks for the update from your hospital bed! That's dedication.  Please Lord, heal Your dedicated servant and bring peace to his family.

• Thanks 1

Hope you get out of the hospital soon and start feeling a lot better soon! That sounds miserable...

Praying for you!

Edited by HK1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear things aren’t going well. I’ll be praying for you, too.

• Thanks 1

still in the hospital. the meds are helping the pain, however still having bloody stools. the first night I had some really bad throw up with blood in it, but none last night, but they still want to do an endoscopy to see if there is any damage to my stomach, so I will be staying another night because they haven't been able to get ahold of the surgeon. thanks for asking. 

update: had an endoscopy, just got out about 15 minutes ago. they found a tear in my lower asophogus, a small ulcer and a hernia in my stomach, they said they all looked superficial and weren't currently bleeding. plan is to release me by 7 tonight. Aside from that, they haven't told me anything about next steps or treatment. 

I'm home. They want me to follow up with my doctor and gastronologist next week for next steps and prescribed some medicine for me in the meantime. Thank you, everyone, for all your prayers! 

• Like 2