Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
suspensewriter

I'm Thinking of Writing Something to do with Time Travel- Any Advice?

18 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

There can be interesting quantum mechanical implications in that.

So we could make "Quantum Leap"?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, zx1ninja said:

Whatever you do, don't use a DeLorean or a hot tub.

Or a telephone booth, or especially a blue British police box. And never use the name Tardis... 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

So we could make "Quantum Leap"?

Ziggy says there's an 85%  chance that time travel is a function of consciousness, so you leap into the brain of another conscious being.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

Man, that's deep.  But I don't think it's accurate, though, but deep.

Maybe, but not bottomless. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, suspensewriter said:

I just watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"-- and it was most excellent!!!

Party on, dudes!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

Ziggy says there's an 85%  chance that time travel is a function of consciousness, so you leap into the brain of another conscious being.

If would be quicker to get answers if Al would stop beating Ziggy's HID on the side. Or gushy brings Sam home.

Edited by zx1ninja

Seriously though, time travel as we understand it now is a one way trip. You can use the immense gravity of a black hole to slow down the passage of your time, but not actually go back in time. By slowing down the passage of your time, you are traveling into the future at a different rate, slower, than the ones at home and when you return home, you will have traveled forward in time relative to time home. For you say four days would have passed when at home fours years would have passed. Thus traveling into the future.

4 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

All I can say to that is that time is fluid, but I wonder if it flows both ways?

I believe that God experiences all time at the same time, like we look at an object from outside that object.  How that would blow the mind of a finite creature!  

Have you settled on a concept?  

On 8/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, suspensewriter said:

I just watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"-- and it was most excellent!!!

Be excellent to each other!

8 hours ago, Nicola said:

I believe that God experiences all time at the same time, like we look at an object from outside that object.  How that would blow the mind of a finite creature!  

Have you settled on a concept?  

What a nice way of saying it, Nicola!  No, I haven't settled on a concept-- I'm still recovering a bit, but I'll get there!!