Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Please pray for me. I'm in another UC flare up, and my health is tanking. I also have some very strange symptoms that aren't normal - (excessive sleeping and joint pain in my shoulders and fingers) 

Lord, one of Your children is in need of Your healing touch. Give him strength to endure as you guide him and the Doctors. Keep him safely in Your hands. In Jesus name, amen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jared Williams said:

Please pray for me. I'm in another UC flare up, and my health is tanking. I also have some very strange symptoms that aren't normal - (excessive sleeping and joint pain in my shoulders and fingers) 

Ulcerative colitis?

Oh dear. That is not nice.

My son has Chrons and that not great either, but I gather colitis is even worse.

Praying for you.

• Thanks 1

no, chrones is worse because it's in both the small and large intestines. colitis is only in the large intestines. If push comes to shove, I can have my large intestines removed (which I may have to if this new med I'm on doesn't work), but there is no way to remove the small intestines, so there is no 'cure' for chrones. 

update: back on steroids, which is helping with the symptoms. still sleeping 2/3rds of the day, but thankfully, still able to keep up (barely) with my masters class. (two weeks left, and I have a 93% in the class. - praise!) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Williams said:

I have a 93% in the class.

Good work!!!

Having your large intestines removed sounds very drastic! I'm glad the steroids help some. Continuing to pray.

• Thanks 1

It's now been an entire year that i've been out of work sick due to UC issues and complications. If the medicine doesn't keep my UC in remission, surgery is better than the alternative, unfortunately. The steroids are only a stop-gap to control the flare up. Without other medicines to keep the UC in remission after the flare up goes down, the steroid is useless and more harmful than good. (never meant to be used long-term...) But I also hope it doesn't come down to surgery. THere's only a handful of medicines for this disease, and I've tried everyone of them. this newest one is the last one for me to try... 

Lord be with Jared.  You have known of his needs and his wants.  Please show Him love during time and remind Jared that we always have Christ no matter what happens today.

• Thanks 1

Amen.

You are right about the steroids - my son has had the same issue but now things are improving.

I do hope the meds work. I am told diet is also a main factor. He can't eat spicy food, root veg or high-fiber foods. Which make cooking interesting.

Will be praying for you Jarad. We miss your posts.

• Thanks 1

Father God: Please wrap you arms of love around Jared, Draw him close to you, whisper in his ears words of comfort, encouragement and healing. Guide him in the path he should go. Continue to stand with him as he finishes up his class for his Master's Degree. In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

• Thanks 1

another update. went in to get the second infusion of remicaid, the new medicine (the last one I can try to help keep the UC in remission before seriously looking at surgery) - and although the first infusion went okay, I had a severe reaction to this one. The nurse said she'd never seen anyone react to it the way I had. Unfortunately, the doctor was out of town and will be till next week, so he wants to see me asap, which won't be until the 27th. but i may not be able to take remicaid, which means surgery might be the only option left. please keep me in your prayers, and I am so grateful for all the prayer so far. Thank you so much. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Man...😣

I thought it was just your classes keeping you from posting more on your story.

You mentioned joint pain, which could very well be a result of uc. However, all the alarm bells are going off in my head.

Have you been tested for lyme? If so, what were the results?

Praying.

Edited by RockyMtn Gal