Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Happy birthday, William D'Andrea!

Thank you everyone.

The reason it took so long for me to reply is that on Friday, July 31, my computer ceased to function completely.  I couldn't use it at all. 

I was able to get help from a Pastor at the Church I attend, who is very knowledgeable about computers.  He came over, checked my computer, and took the control box (I think it's called a modem) to get it fixed.  He had it returned yesterday evening, completely repaired and operating much better than before.   I thanked him and the Lord for his help.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

During the time I was off the internet, I was watching the TV News.  I live on Long Island, east of New York City.  What they showed was that  on Tuesday, the entire region, including New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut was hit by Tropical Storm Isaias.  That was after it struck the entire East Coast, from Florida, then going north along all the Southern States.

Here, we have a lot of damage all over the Island.  Personally, it didn't effect me.  I live in a Senior Citizens Community, where a few trees came down, but none of the buildings were struck, and there was no damage, and no one was injured.  Each building has its own generator, so we didn't loose any electricity.  All I had to do was shut my windows to keep out the rain, and that was it.

The rest of the Island was not that fortunate.  All the damage may not be cleared away until early next week.

I ask prayers for everyone here on Long Island, and every place that was struck by Tropical Storm Isaias.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

The town where I grew up is still largely without power and downed trees block many roads. But happy belated birthday and thanks for your prayers for them.