Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

3 hours ago, Jeff Potts said:

..to crow about your work?

Yesterday I sat down with Beta Reader #1.  The review was, well, "glowing."

Heck no! Enjoy the fruit of your labor! That someone would recognize what you've done is awesome! Revel in it! And congratulations! :D

I think the thing that really sort of set me back on my heels was when the beta reader said that it was one of the first times she never got bored reading a book.

You know, sometimes you may love the story, but start to drift off?  Not this one.  At least, not for her.  That stunned me.  My wife said something similar, especially as she approached the end of the book.

Hopefully, this weekend, I'll have a sit-down with Beta Reader #2.  Supposedly, with this individual, Fantasy Fiction is outside their interests.  So I'll be able to get a more a view from a more pessimistic position.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, carolinamtne said:

And ... have a cookie (or two or three)!

Cookies.png

I haven't had anything to eat yet, and oh my goodness!  These cookies look so yummy!

2 hours ago, kcs said:

These cookies look so yummy!

Licking the screen is not appropriate. First, you can't taste them. Second, it messes up the screen. And third, people look at you funny.

Teach me your ways sensei.

Glad to hear of your success! 

I don't think it's wrong to enjoy it, as long as we give credit where it is due.

Congrats!

I love how we share our celebrations here.  Congratulations, Jeff! Keep up the good work. 

I have to read this repeatedly as I go though the edits.  I'm running out of cookies to drown out my misery...

:)