Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
E.T. Newman

The Moedim

The Harpazo  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you had to guess which day God "might" choose for the harpazo, which would it be?

• Pentecost
    • Feast of Trumpets
    • Tomorrow, or the next day. No one knows!

I've heard that God has a calendar and it is called the Moedim. Some preachers have said that it is found in the festivals described in Leviticus 23. I find studying Hebrew culture and traditions enlightening. I'm no staunch Hebrew roots person that would say we have to observe all the legalities. In fact, I vaguely recall Paul saying each person is to be in the state they were in when they first got saved. Gentile remains a gentile, a Jew remains a Jew, etc. But still, who wouldn't want to know more about the customs and culture our savior grew up in, right?

The Moedim fascinate me. There are 3 spring feasts, 1 in summer(some say it is in spring but really its summer for us) and 3 in the fall. Their prophetic fulfillment is just mind blowing when you think about it.

Passover

Unleavened Bread

First Fruits

Pentecost (The First Trump)

The Feast of Trumpets (The Last Trump)

Yom Kippur (The day of Atonement)

Sukkot (The Feast of Tabernacles)-The Great Trump

Every year, I look to the feasts and remember that Jesus fulfilled the first three at his first coming. Pentecost was fulfilled by the giving of the Law to Moses in the OT and by the Holy Spirit descending on a group of believers in an upper room in the NT. I've heard teaching that when the millennial reign begins another fulfillment of pentecost will occur signaling a change in dispensation once more. I don't know if that is true, but it is an intriguing thought. 

No man knows the day or the hour of our Lord's return, but that doesn't mean we should give up hope that this day might be the day he calls us Home. And even more so, I look with great anticipation on the days God has declared as his 'appointed times' in his word. One day we will see Jesus, and what a blessed Moedim that will be.

MARANATHA.

Edited by E.T. Newman
  • Like 1

My guess is Yom Kippur. The theme for the 3 fall feasts is a wedding: trumpets=the announcing of the groom's arrival, atonement=being made one (as a husband and wife become one), and tabernacles=the wedding feast (which also happens to be my favorite holiday!) Yes, the prophetic fulfillment are so cool to see! Honestly, I'll be surprised if Yeshua returns anytime other than around the fall feasts (which will be confusing to some since there are at least 3 different "calendars" people use to determine which days those will fall on. We've had friends celebrate Sukkot a whole month later than our church did.) But that doesn't mean I will reject him if he returns during a different time than I expect :)

Hebrew Roots believer here, so I've heard some theories, but haven't heard about the three trumps you mention in connection to those holidays (other than, obviously, the feast of trumpets), I'm interested in how you came to those conclusions!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JosiAtara said:

My guess is Yom Kippur. (COOL, I like it) The theme for the 3 fall feasts is a wedding: trumpets=the announcing of the groom's arrival, atonement=being made one (as a husband and wife become one), and tabernacles=the wedding feast (which also happens to be my favorite holiday!) Yes, the prophetic fulfillment are so cool to see! Honestly, I'll be surprised if Yeshua returns anytime other than around the fall feasts (which will be confusing to some since there are at least 3 different "calendars" people use to determine which days those will fall on. (I know, right?!) We've had friends celebrate Sukkot a whole month later than our church did.) But that doesn't mean I will reject him if he returns during a different time than I expect :) (Here, Here!) 

Hebrew Roots believer here, so I've heard some theories, but haven't heard about the three trumps you mention in connection to those holidays (other than, obviously, the feast of trumpets), I'm interested in how you came to those conclusions! 

I got to participate in a passover seder one year. That was fun!

I was raised in a baptist church when young. I was later saved in a non-denominational church and then went more towards pentecostal leanings. Now I am somewhere in the middle? 🤣

I didn't hear about the feasts until studying Rose Book of Bible Charts, Maps, & Time Lines and studying more of prophecy and how God's word is full of prophecy.

Most of the Hebrew history I learned from Ken Johnson at biblefacts.org. I usually listen to his studies and Q&A sessions on youtube. He seems to devour info and spit it out in these books with just so much info to unpack. Sometimes I throw in some Perry Stone but it has been awhile. I think maybe Chuck Missler talked about the feasts before as well, but it has been years since I listened to his teachings.

Obviously, a lot of this is speculation. But, I just like to hear all the possibilities of how the different feasts could fulfill prophecy. 

Either way, whatever day God chooses... I will be most happy, won't you? 😃