Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Complaints about Lulu

Doing a quick check, Lulu press / publishing has only 6 employees.  Coming from the IT world, this usually means that their site and their business is done offshore.  This means China or India.

That says all I need to know.

Yikes! I always thought Lulu was a legit publishing option. While I have no experience with them, I wonder what happened. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Actually, they're in North Carolina.

Six people in an office in North Carolina is not enough to build a website, handle finances, sales, print / publish a product, as well as handle front line and technical support since 2002.

Trust me: it's outsorced.

Consider this: A CEO, CFO, and CTO make up half of its work force given the numbers I found.  You really think that 3 people (or even 10) could habdle the volume they need to handle? 

Edited by Jeff Potts

57 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

Yikes! I always thought Lulu was a legit publishing option. While I have no experience with them, I wonder what happened. 

My thought exactly, Accord.

I've heard from several sources that books sales are down, particularly print books. My sales have pretty much tanked since the lock-down started. Maybe Lulu is experiencing the same trend?  If so, they likely had to scale back (or cut) their customer support in the face of declining revenues.

I ordered some books from an individual and it took 6 weeks for him to ship them. He used Lulu and they were that far behind in printing. I know POD is a tricky business but that was excessive. Thankfully they were academic books for research and the timeline was okay for me, but for other readers it would be too long. I'd imagine a lot of folks have lost sales.