Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

New Topic #1

Marching down the long hallway lined with closed doors, keeping her chin elevated and her back straight, Marilyn R-- attempted to calm her rapidly beating heart as she approached the single [door] that normally evoked intense emotions. She usually looked forward to seeing the man who occupied the corner office.

Not this time.

He didn’t sound at all happy with me when he told me he needed to see me as soon as I got in this morning. Never mind that she walked passed his open office door repeatedly some days. Or asked her coworkers to allo her the privilege of taking him his coffee. They usually obliged her gladly, asking how she could possibly enjoy the task.

“He sticks his nose up at anyone under him,” they told her often, “particularly us. How can you want to fetch him his morning beverage?” Each time they asked, Marilyn would just shake her head and smile, telling them she wouldn’t be revealing her secret to them.

One of her fellow secretaries, Jessica H--, hit the proverbial nail on the head when she accused Marilyn of having a crush on their boss. The others hovering around her desk, however, laughed and shook their heads at the absurdity. Feeling it really wasn’t their business anyway, Marilyn didn’t correct them by agreeing with her [fellow office worker].

• Like 2

That was mostly written off the top of my head. That happens sometimes. 😮

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.