Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Sarah Daffy

What time of day do you write?

Posted (edited)

Except for sometimes, I usually do not feel inspired to write until after nine or ten at night. Am I the only one who does this or are there others besides me? What time of day do you like to write/feel inspired to write?

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Like 2

I've been writing in both the afternoon and evening since I was laid off due to the virus. Before, I'd write for an hour or two after work.

• Like 2

Daytime--being retired gives me lots of options. In the summer, I tend to do outside things in the morning, and then I write in the afternoon. 

• Like 2

I don't always write, but when I do, I write when I want to.

😆

• Like 2

I usually write when work allows but can find an hour or two most days.  Occasionally I might not be able to. A long as I know and prepare myself mentally for that I make up the time else where. 

• Like 2

Other than a dedicated hour each morning for journalling, I could never establish set creative writing schedules. It is not unusual for me to have several documents open at a time so I can return to them whenever I have an inspiration or the time.

• Like 2

I have a goal to write at least once a week.  I usually meet that.  It mostly happens on the weekend.  I am not a night writer though.  I would be what you call a day writer.

• Like 2

I'm very much a morning person. When the world is dark, quiet, and peaceful, and my mind is placid and hasn't begun to spin thru a thousand different things, I can focus, and can sometimes work 2 or 3 times as fast as any other time.

• Like 2

I tried late nights, getting home from my "day job" at ten-thirty but not being able to sleep until much later. I'm exhausted and easily distracted, but I did get a lot of sarcastic one-liners, things that I would never say to customers or co-workers. They go in the "Evil Twin" file.  It's a good time for research, because you never know what you'll find when you start down a rabbit trail.

My wife and daughter are back at work,  so I have time between my morning chores and getting ready for work. And a door I can close!

• Like 3

On 7/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Wes B said:

I'm very much a morning person.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, Johne said:

8 to midnight for me.

Boy, everybody's got a different time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

everybody's got a different time!

Because everyone has a different schedule?

• Like 1

Every moment of every day, there is a writer busy at plots and edits. The world is a blessed place!

• Like 2

I'm kinda chaotic, so I write whenever I get the chance. 3AM or 3PM.

• Like 1