Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Tropical Storm Fay Prayer Request

I'm requesting prayers for everyone here in the New York Metropolitan Area, and surrounding communities.  We are being approached by Tropical Storm, Fay, which has already caused heavy flooding and much damage along the New Jersey Coast.  While it is not a hurricane, wind gusts of more than 50 miles per hour are predicted for this evening, so much potential damage is predicted.  Tornados or waterspouts, which are very rare occurrences in this region, have been predicted. 

I live on Long Island, several miles inland, so there shouldn't be coastal flooding in my neighborhood.  I'm living in a Senior Citizen Village, which contains seven two story apartment buildings.  The buildings are surrounded by a grove of gigantic pine trees, which should be more than efficient as a windbreak.  The buildings also have their own generators, so there shouldn't be any problems with the electricity.  Then, as long as none of us go outside, we should all be reasonably safe; unless there is a tornado.

I ask for prayers for all of us in the Senior Citizen Village, along with our neighbors, and everyone in every community here on Long Island; along with everyone inside the City of New York, and the States of New Jersey and Connecticut; that we all be kept safe from Tropical Storm Fay.

I ask in Jesus Name.  Amen.  

I thank all of your for your prayers.

Yesterday, according to the News Reports, there was major flooding and damage in New Jersey and New York City, where the Storm hit directly.  However, out here on Long Island, we were only brushed by its outer edges.  There was little or no damage where I live.  Just steady rain.  While the wind was steady it was not all that strong.

All I had to do was shut my windows to keep out the rain for a few hours, and that was it.   Rain was falling at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  At 6:15 the sun was shining.

I again thank the Lord and all of your for your prayers.

I now ask for all of us to keep praying for everyone in New Jersey and New York City, who now have serious problems caused by the storm.  I ask in Jesus Name.  Amen.

Thank you again.  

• Like 1

Forgive me, William. I thought I had posted that I'd be praying. Glad you're okay. Praying for the others.

The thing about a storm passing by one person is that it often hit someone else. So praying for all the someones else.