Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Lana Christian

Hello and a question from a biblical fiction/historical fiction writer

What do you want to see in biblical fiction?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you look for most in biblical fiction?

• Historical accuracy
    • Characters I can identify with
    • Biblical truth
    • A story that immerses me in the time and culture
    • Other (please elaborate in a comment)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2020 at 02:37 AM

Hi, all! By day I'm a mild-mannered medical writer; by evening I'm an ardent faith-based writer--particularly of biblical fiction. I'd been writing devotions for 12 years when I started writing biblical fiction (less than 3 years ago). I'm querying the first book in my series on what happened to the Wise Men. I hope you have a minute to hop on my website to learn more about me and check out my weekly blog. Regardless of what you write, you'll find encouragement there. Also, you can get my free e-short, the first in a series that expands on a biblical character mentioned in only one scene in my book. I hope this doesn't sound like shameless self-promotion ... if it does, please let me know! Do you ever read biblical fiction? If so, what you look for most in that genre? 

• Like 1

Welcome, it's nice to meet you! 🙂 

Biblical accuracy! 

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Is your blog the one you've started here? You might mention it. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

My author blog is part of my author website. I should have included a link. Argh. Too late to edit my post now. My author website is lanachristian.com. 

Forgive my newbie-ness, but I don't see how. It gave me a message that I couldn't, and I don't see an edit option (only report or share). What am I missing?

Ahh, sorry about that. I forgot a few things are unavailable to newbies until after they have reached 10 comments. Keeps the scammers at bay. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Lana, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1

Aha! I can choose more than one. Thank you, Lana.

Poke around the other forums and post comments for people. Then you'll be able to edit whatever you need. 

• Like 1

PS - As a fellow writer of Biblical fiction, I agree with @Alley - Biblical accuracy is the most important thing to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PenName said:

Lana is a Twitter friend of mine!

😄 Always nice to meet your friends. 😁 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alley said:

😄 Always nice to meet your friends. 😁 

Lana, Alley - 

Alley, Lana! 😆

Btw, you're both contributors to the Writers' Room!

• Like 2

Just now, Lana Christian said:

Hey, Elizabeth! I'm stumbling my way around this wonderful resource!

Hope you enjoy! It's a great place! Let us know if you have questions! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PenName said:

Btw, you're both contributors to the Writers' Room

Nice to meet you, and put a face to the name. 🙂

• Like 1

I'd agree that historical/Biblical accuracy is important, but still, if I'm reading fiction, I'm primarily there for the story, so I think it's also important that your story doesn't get lost or sidelined in your efforts to keep everything strictly accurate. After all, most Biblical accounts are pretty bare bones, as far as details go. There's a lot of room to use your imagination without contradicting anything we actually do have recorded about the person/event.

• Like 1