Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
RockyMtn Gal

Storm of Storms-Please pray

Hey all!

I am asking for prayer for a few things if you would be so kind.

1. I lost my grandfather 2 years ago to cardiac failure. My grandmother, who has been living alone since, just found out that she has terminal cancer and 6 mos. at most to live. She had turned down chemo--as an arthritic 80 yr old she doesn't want to spend her last days sick. She is a believer, and seems to have a good outlook. 

That said, my mom (also a believer) is struggling emotionally with all this. Please pray for my family, and a peaceful passing for my grandmother if God doesn't choose to miraculously heal her.

2. My dad had a heart attack in January. He's fine, but he still smokes. He also needs to work out whatever is going on with his relationship (or lack thereof) with God. I've tried talking to him on numerous occasions. Nothing seems to stick. Please pray that whatever needs to happen w/his relationship with God will happen soon, and that he'd quit smoking for good.

3. My other grandmother has Parkinson's. She's had it a few years now, and she's really starting to slow down. She keeps to her room a lot, which must be pretty depressing for someone who used to take walks everyday. My mother is also doing a lot to help her, and now has the added burden of concern/caring for for her dying mother.

4. My health is still a struggle (lyme/bartonella/mold infection). Some of the symptoms are merely annoying. Others can be downright scary, especially as concerns my nervous system and circulation. I've been dealing with it for almost seven years now. It seems no matter what we try the results are minimal. My poor little family has spent a lot of money on doctors, tests, herbs, and medicine. There had been one thing that seemed to work, but once I stopped the treatment so did the results. I'm hoping it was working and that it would still work if I go back on it again. 

The mental/emotional/physical stress is taking a toll on my health as well, and I tend to hold onto it. 

Please pray for healing soon, and also that I would be obedient to let the Lord have these burdens.

Thanks all!

Posted (edited)

Definitely praying! So sorry you're going through all that :(

Some of my favorite verses: Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by HK1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing what is going on with you and your family! I'll pray for you all, too.

• Thanks 1

Oh, my! Bless your heart. Such a load and for your mother as well. I'm so sorry for all your sufferings and heartaches. When there is so much happening in one's life all at once, it is wearing on the physical. Surely praying for all your requests. May the Lord bless you with all you need. 🧡

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Such a load and for your mother as well. I'm so sorry for all your sufferings and heartaches.

I agree.  I'm praying for you, too.

• Thanks 1