Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Wallis

Poetry challenge 2012

God is good always!

His arm long, His ear open;

Abba, our Father

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy that it cannot hear.

Abba, our Father

Adopted as your children;

We cry out to you

Galatians 4:5, 6 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

stones pause in silence

dust disturbed by holy hands

the accusers gone

John 8

6b But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

...I suppose, without some clarification, my last post might be a rather tough one to follow, soooooo, here's one that's hopefully a bit easier. Keith, I'm glad you enjoyed my, um, American, humor. :0)

Holy fruit baskets,

those with spiritual fruit,

I want to be one.

ANNOUNCEMENT

sorry to interrupt the flow but there have been so many entries in this thread that I thought I ought to gather them together into a document - A sort of 'STORY SO FAR'. I've stolen some of LighthouseBob's phrases for its title. This is the link to the document:

http://christianwriters.com/showthread.php?37038-2012-Poetry-Challenge-update&p=381102#post381102

thanks for everyone's contributions, hope you are enjoying it as much as I am. Please add any comments to the post on the above link and not in this thread.

thanks. Keith

twilight’s reflection.

The Fathers seemed rejection

bone break inspection

twilight’s reflection.

The Fathers seemed rejection

bone break inspection

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.