Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Ragamuffin_John

Blaze Thy Name

Posted (edited)

I wrote a short hymn, after reading Mark 1:40-45 from the King James Authorized Version [bold and brackets are mine], an account about Jesus healing a leper, focusing on the last verse:

But he [the leper] went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter

We blaze Thy Name abroad
To every corner fill
By Thy sweet grace your holy Name
As people flock and yield

Yield then they must to Thee,
These constrained countenances*
Those joyful elect set free
Whilst will to His Will meshes.

Afterthought:  I am generally a plodding reader with the archaic-sounding KJVA.   But the writing is so lyrical, the verses are generally easy to memorize--and that for a mediocre memorizer as myself.   I tried to create the same effect with the hymn.  I confess the final two lines should please both theological Calvinists and Arminians😎
* The constraining Spirit, Who "sets the captive free", is by God's design unleashed to thirsty listeners who in turn enjoy the constraining, gifting and guiding Spirit. More:  Constrained by the Spirit and Freeing Captives Verses. Note: for the second link, you need to scroll down a bit to see the Bible references

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you for dropping by to read/encourage, Ky_Girl.   So, you’ve noticed I have been reading Ephesians 1 😀

Edited by Ragamuffin_John

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.