Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Chris Brown

What to use as a freebie/giveaway?

I'm getting ready to release a new book around Labor Day, and I'd like to entice people to get on a sign-up list to get it when it comes out. But I'm having trouble thinking of a good freebie I can offer people who sign up before it is released. It would basically have to be something digital as I'm not going to try and pay to mail anything to people. But what would people actually be interested in? It's non-fiction so I can't really offer a bonus short story or that sort of thing. So I'm just drawing a blank on what I could offer as a reward for getting on the email list for the release that anyone would actually want. Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

What is your book about?

It's a collection of 8 testimonies that show different aspects of God's grace and the journey of a believer. Each testimony ends with some additional material and scripture about the topic(s) of the particular testimony. I'm calling it Testimonies of Grace (my first book was Child of Grace, and I do business as Child of Grace Books, so it sort of fits the theme). 

I can give you WAY more on what it's about if you're interested. 😅

I've seen raffles done, which would allow you to pool your resources into something bigger, and more attractive to get people to sign-up. 

13 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

I've seen raffles done, which would allow you to pool your resources into something bigger, and more attractive to get people to sign-up. 

Now there's an idea! Everyone gets entered in the raffle, but I just have one thing to put in the mail.

55 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

Go for it, Chris!

37 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Go for it, Chris!

Yep, I'm pretty much sold on the raffle idea.

I was briefly concerned because I live in one of 3 states where raffles are illegal, but that only applies if people have to pay for tickets. 😅

17 hours ago, Chris Brown said:

that only applies if people have to pay for tickets. 

Sounds like you're OK with it. Now all you have to determine is what to raffle? Copies of the book? Copies of your other book? Bibles? Chocolate?

10 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Sounds like you're OK with it. Now all you have to determine is what to raffle? Copies of the book? Copies of your other book? Bibles? Chocolate?

I'm thinking signed copies of my first book and this book plus an Amazon gift card. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Brown said:

I'm thinking signed copies of my first book and this book plus an Amazon gift card.

Sounds good to me.

Of course, I'm a sucker for chocolate. Does Amazon sell chocolate?

• Like 1

Raffles are amazing. I am doing a blog tour with my debut novel and they set up Rafflecopter - it has really generated a lot of traffic for me!

• Like 1

> You can still do something digital even though you're writing nonfiction. For example, "7 Ways to experience grace in your life."

> You can do an offer where, if people sign up for your email list between ___ dates, they get [something free like "7 Ways to experience grace", a 10-question Bible study about grace, etc.) plus are automatically entered to win an Amazon gift card. That'll grow your email list while providing value to people for doing so.
> You can offer to feature someone's story on your blog. Ask people to email you a blurb about how they've experienced grace ... then you pick 1 or 2 to feature in an interview. And give them a free signed copy of your book as a bonus.

Really, the options are limited only by your imagination (and sometimes, budget). 🙂 

Oh, my gosh! I totally forgot! It's been a while. I used to  give away give cards as well. So glad you mentioned that, Lana. :D

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:04 AM, Lana Christian said:

ou can offer to feature someone's story on your blog. Ask people to email you a blurb about how they've experienced grace ... then you pick 1 or 2 to feature in an interview. And give them a free signed copy of your book as a bonus.

I like this idea! 

What did you go with, Chris? Where can we sign up for your raffle?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nicola said:

I like this idea! 

What did you go with, Chris? Where can we sign up for your raffle?

Oh, I posted it in plugs/promos but should have put it here too. I went with the raffle of an Amazon gift card and signed copies of my first book and the new book. To sign up simply email info@childofgracebooks.com with "Sign Me Up!" as the subject. I promise not to spam you. 🙂

• Like 1