Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Micaiah

Anybody know of some good (free) review sites/blogs?

Posted (edited)

Hey, y'all! So, I recently submitted a book for preorder (my first!) and now I'm going through the straining process of trying to get some reviews and recognition. I was wondering if any of y'all know of some good (free) book review websites and/or blogs? I know about Team Golfwell and Pages and Paws, but they're about it. Thank y'all so much in advance!!!

Edited by Micaiah

Both BookSirens.com and TheIndieView have extensive directories of book reviewers/bloggers. On BookSirens you can search for reviewers by preferred genre. I'd share my list with you, but since I was looking for bloggers who preferred romance, it might not be super helpful.

The vast majority of reviewers on both sites are free. However, I've found you have to contact 10-15 in order to get one who responds, let alone agrees to review.

• Thanks 1

@suspensewriter, I've actually already read the thread you posted, it would be helpful if you could review my book... however, my book doesn't have anything directly Christian (I think that was mentioned). 

Posted (edited)

I don't have any actual experience with either as an author I'm still working on my first book. But you may be interested in doing an author profile on https://www.goodreads.com/author/program. I'd done some marketing research and decided I wanted to give them a go. But as I'm still editing, I haven't super looked into it. 

I have, as a reader, received ebooks to review on Online Book Club https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/authors/. I haven't dug too deep into their author program but I know that they give their readers  guidelines and they have a team that checks the reviews to make sure they aren't sloppily done. Now I believe they're free to author and that you just have to be willing to give away a few free copies. 

Congrats on being published!!!

Edited by JasmineH
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@suspensewriter

Blurb: Lindsay is a two-inch-tall, fourteen-year-old girl who lived a normal life with her tribe until Nathen came along. When an Upperlander shrinks, will she be able to put things back to normal? Join Lindsay and Nathen in "Rise of the Royals: Book One" as they discover this magic that has come upon them.

Probs not something you're gonna be interested in. 

Edited by Micaiah

1 minute ago, Micaiah said:

@JasmineH

I do have a Goodreads account, actually. 

Hm. I've never heard of them. Do the copies have to be paperback? 'Cause I'm currently unable to do that. 

Thank you!

I just looked on goodreads website and it says something about not being able to require that readers leave a review. 

Online book club I found as a reader so I don't know all of the details. Actually sorry I just looked them up to and they do charge to submit your book. The cheapest package is $97. It makes sense because they do pay their readers a small amount for some reviews. Sorry about that. Not too much help since you mentioned you wanted free. 

My other suggestion, not sure if applicable, but if you already have some sort of a following (social media, blog readers) maybe you can offer them a few free copies. Or do your target readers "hang out" on some specific websites where you can give away a few copies. Not sure if that helps, just things of thought've doing myself once I'm there. 

• Like 1

It's an awesome book. I am very impressed and I'm going to write reviews where I can. 

• Thanks 1