Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Calls are being made for statues of Jesus to be torn down.

I've been reading articles about a certain black supremacist, who's calling for statues of Jesus to be torn down, if they depict Him as being a white man.  If any of you want to find out more, check out this article:

https://americanpoliticaldaily.com/talcum-x-shaun-king-calls-for-white-supremacy-jesus-statues-to-be-torn-down/

Then let us know what you think.

I think if someone is worried about what color Jesus is, they've completely missed the point of His message.

I also believe calling for attacks on depictions of Jesus (no matter what color) shows you exactly who is at the heart of this attack.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

shows you exactly who is at the heart of this attack.

That is so true! Scary!

"shows you exactly who is at the heart of this attack."

"That is so true! Scary!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

(James 4:7)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

if they depict Him as being a white man

And isn't this the case in most pictures of Jesus?

57 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

I guess that depends on what part of the world you're from.

Agreed. I've seen depictions of Jesus as all races and colors. Jesus transcends race. He represents us all. Attacking "White Jesus," would be the same as attacking, "Black Jesus," or "Asian Jesus," or... whatever. It's an attack against a symbol of our Lord and Savior, and by extension, all believers. We're all one family in Christ, united and grafted in by his blood and sacrifice.

This is not about race. This is inciting a hate crime against all Christians, period. I truly hope and pray it does not come to this.

I pray it's a threat that won't go very far, not that I'm aware of many statues of Jesus. Most churches in my area feature crosses, and the Catholic churches have statues of various saints.  

It appears all the statues being pulled down is finally waking the silent majority, who have thus far remained largely quiet during the BLM protests, rioting, looting, and calls for police de-funding. The children have been running loose for too long, and it's time for the adults to step forward and reign in the circus. Even the mayor of Seattle is finally moving to end the absurd "CHOP" zone.

Thanks everyone for sharing your solid faith in Christ.  Yes, we are in times when persecution of Christ is gaining steam. Taking down statutes of Jesus doesn't change God's New Covenant. When Christ walked on the earth He was a Jew. This current actions to remove Him are works done by Satan's followers. 

Over the last two decades the western world has doubled down on rejecting God's authority. And the last 5 years Romans 1:18-32 gives truth to the heart of men. 

I'm grateful Christ crossed our paths. Peace and love be with you all.

• Like 2

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask God the Father Almighty, to send forth the Holy Spirit, and cast out Satan from the life of Shaun King, and from the lives of the destructive members of Black Lives Matter, along with Government officials who permit the destructions that are taking place in the communities they were elected to govern.

I ask that Satan be cast out from their lives, so none of them will be harmed, or do harm to anyone.  I ask that they will be healthy and healed of any and all afflictions.  I ask that they will come to receive salvation from the Lord Jesus Christ, Who's Word is Truth, and the Truth will set them free.

I ask this all in Jesus Name.  Amen.  

• Like 1

I am a practicing evangelical, but From my very Irish-American Catholic upbringing, I find the desire to destroy the Jesus-statues to be very disturbing.  In this sense:   Christians earnestly desire that God speak to the world through all means available.  Statues, as reminders, can be a convicting reminder to the soul.   People who want to destroy these demonstrate a disdain for the devotion of people who value the helpful art.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

I am a practicing evangelical, but From my very Irish-American Catholic upbringing, I find the desire to destroy the Jesus-statues to be very disturbing.

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 2

People are running scared from the misguided and in the process are doing stuff like trying to erase history and running in the wrong direction. 

• Like 2

Crazy times we are living in, but honestly it has been like that and always will on this fallen world! One day though, one day things will change :) Blood is our lifeline right? Without it we could not live. It was the blood of the precious lamb that washed me white as snow! You, I, and every other living being has blood. And that blood is the same color Amen!

• Like 2

As I remember my Sunday school lesssons, Jesus was a Hebrew- a Jewish person. He had olive skin, neither white, nor brown, nor black, nor red.

• Like 2

Statues can be remade. As a church, we need to do more in the way of showing people who Jesus is and being a reflection of God's love (truly Godly love) and less worrying about statues and buildings.

The more true disciples we make the fewer political radicals there would be.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

we need to do more in the way of showing people who Jesus is and being a reflection of God's love (truly Godly love

Amen!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

The more true disciples we make the fewer political radicals there would be.

Double Amen!

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, William D'Andrea said:

I've been reading articles about a certain black supremacist, who's calling for statues of Jesus to be torn down, if they depict Him as being a white man.  If any of you want to find out more, check out this article:

https://americanpoliticaldaily.com/talcum-x-shaun-king-calls-for-white-supremacy-jesus-statues-to-be-torn-down/

Then let us know what you think.

<humor>

image.png.398caa1a0c6ede0b52f4598239678a28.png

</humor>