Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Posted (edited)

Is this a word? Persuadance. Trying to use it for my book. AutoCorrect does not like it.

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Like 1

I didn't think it was either. However, I found it's a person's first name and I also found it used. Believe it or not.

You can reach out to fellowship groups, therapists and rehabs, but first you have to want recovery. Of course I want recovery, you may say, but then don’t follow through with therapy appointments, attend recovery meetings on a regular basis, or follow any suggestions. So what is it that’s impeding you? Why are you resistant to persuadance?

Found it used in other works as well.

• Like 3

It's based on a word people know, and it has a suffix people know, so it's understandable. Looks like it's a word! Go with it!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jellicochris said:

I think it fits into the family of influence quit well :) How are you trying to use the word in your work?

"Blair, after persuadance from her mother. . ."

Edited by Sarah Daffy

Perhaps "Blair, after being persuaded by her mother ..."

I think a reader is going to pause after "persuadance" and lose the trend of thought. It's not a common word, and it does stick out.

• Thanks 1