Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Unchained Spirit

First Time Writer

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ I'm in a little bit of a predicament. I am a first time indie writer that has no audience and don't really know anywhere I can go to meet beta readers that have a christian background so I came here. I have more trust and peace of mind coming to the christian family first for beta readers to look at my work but the problem here with my book might be the fact that it isn't really a "Christian" book so it might simply be a genre that doesn't interest people here. 

The Book is a Superhero, Science Fantasy, Supernatural themed Epic Fantasy book and as of right now I'm running through the third draft of the book and I'm a little over half way through this draft but I REALLY NEED some beta readers. I've tried asking many friends and acquaintances to be beta readers for me but everyone of them just isn't all that interested in reading, or simply doesn't have the time. I tried to look into other forums to find beta readers but a lot of the forums seemed dead or the people were just clearly not Christian. I also looked into professional editing services for a little bit but that's too far out of my price range right now. So as you can see I'm kind of in a tough spot. Worst case scenario I'll just have to keep cleaning up my writing till I can afford a professional editor I guess lol. If anyone has the time here or is interested in helping with the book just let me know.

God Bless you all Fam

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome. I think you'll find if you stick around for a bit and invest some time here, people will be willing to beta read for you, especially if you offer to do some as well. There is also the critique section where you can post sections for people's opinions. most people start there and then offer up the book for beta reading. However, as it's your third draft, you could probably go either way. 😃

Your book sounds interesting

Edited by Jared Williams
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for welcoming me guys nice to meet you all too and thanks Jared I'll definitely be sticking around since I've had trouble finding other writers to just connect with up until this point. And thanks for the recommend on the other sections I'll definitely do that

I tried to go to the critique and feedback section to post a portion of the book but since I'm a new user I can't access the page.

I guess I'll just go to the jobs and project section for now. Thanks Jared

Edited by Unchained Spirit

US (as you will henceforth be referred to ;) ), welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. I would highly recommend that you go to the critique forum when it's available to you rather than asking for beta readers. You will more than likely find a beta reader who has seen your work and will volunteer. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Hi @Unchained Spirit

I’d be happy to take a look and possibly beta read / story edit. I try to be honest and kind, but I’m honest first. Also, I ain’t no good at no line editing fur grahmer and such and so farth.

Send me a link or copy at my firstname.lastname@gmail.com. Be careful to spell it right. That last name made kindergarten awful difficult for me.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@Thomas DavidsmeierHey man I appreciate u being so willing to take a look so quick, I'm all for the tough love at this point don't worry about it. And no worries on the line editing stuff man I'm sure I'll be able to get someone eventually to help me with that. And I feel ya on ur last name lol.

I'll send u the first chapter cause the book is really long. And just to let u know the chapters are quite long as well, but I'll send u a file when I get home in a few minutes.

And thanks everyone else for welcoming me

Edited by Unchained Spirit

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters Unchained Spirit! It is great to have you here!