I have a Christian fiction story that contains a little bit more than 20K words. Not long enough for a novel. I believe it could make a great movie or novel if I had some help to lengthen it, fill it out more. I am used to writing poems or lyrics that can tell a story in 3 or 4 minutes. Where do I go now ?? Who should read it ? I don't have $$ to spend but I would love some assistance. Perhaps even a collaborator? Help !

• Like 2

Right now, Keith, I'm not able to give you an answer. I'm sure others will pop in. I'll get back to you later. One thing you might do is hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D

Welcome, Keith!

I'd recommend you share some of your story on the Critique and Feedback forum, if you're comfortable doing that. Then we could get a better idea of what it's about and how you might be able to grow it. Seriously, I feel you, because I have the exact same problem with my stories.

• Like 2

To Zee,  thank you. I tried to get into the critique and feedback forum but it would not let me in. So let me just say that my story is about 3 people who are met with accidents/ illnesses  that require a transplant for them to survive.  A young Latina woman who we first meet in a High School party where she is given alcohol and is raped by her date. She becomes an alcoholic and needs a new liver. We then meet a gay ( yes he is gay ) Asian man who wants to make movies. There is an accident with the lights on set and he needs new corneas to restore his sight.  Lastly is a know it all ad writer who has a heart attack and needs a new heart. 

At the beginning of our story we witness an African American man who is in a major car accident with an 18 wheeler that loses his brakes. He dies but his organs save the lives ( and change the lives ) of the other 3 characters.  

8 hours ago, keith1969 said:

To Zee,  thank you. I tried to get into the critique and feedback forum but it would not let me in. So let me just say that my story is about 3 people who are met with accidents/ illnesses  that require a transplant for them to survive.  A young Latina woman who we first meet in a High School party where she is given alcohol and is raped by her date. She becomes an alcoholic and needs a new liver. We then meet a gay ( yes he is gay ) Asian man who wants to make movies. There is an accident with the lights on set and he needs new corneas to restore his sight.  Lastly is a know it all ad writer who has a heart attack and needs a new heart. 

At the beginning of our story we witness an African American man who is in a major car accident with an 18 wheeler that loses his brakes. He dies but his organs save the lives ( and change the lives ) of the other 3 characters.  

Well, that sounds really interesting. I look forward to seeing it in the Critique Forum.

• 2 months later...

Keith;

Here are some ideas to possibly bump up your word count while making the story more engaging:

Put the characters in situations where their individual situations and personalities are shown. Maybe one or more of them is ready to "give up" and does something stupid, but someone, a Christian, comes along and intervenes. Maybe one or more of them are rushed to the hospital because they almost die. (Go online and research medical things that can go wrong with their conditions.) Maybe one of them has a family member who is stressing out over their condition.