Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Writer4Jesus

site-related question Unable to Edit my recent poem in the Critiquing Room. Why?

I recently posted a new poem, "The Master Piece", in the Critiquing Room.  I've been several times to revise the poem, but to no avail!  Are there some revisions going on in the website that would help me understand why this is happening?

What have you tried? If you click on Edit at the bottom of your post, it will open up for you to make changes. Be sure you click Edit Topic to save it.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I don't know why it's doing this. If you're making edits to your piece, you might want to make corrections and paste it into a new thread. I'll have Rebecca look at this.

I suspect this is because there is a limited time to edit posts. I recommend posting the changes further down in the thread. 🙂

I posted it one day and went to revise it a few days after that and have not been able to get in ever since.🤔  I even tried posting it as a new post.  I couldn't get into it at all to even do that.🙁

It's almost as if my account is locked from being able to post anything. That's the only thing that I can think of. Not saying that's what happened, but I'm just saying that's an observation.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble. I can't imagine what is blocking you. This is a job for Rebecca. Please be patient and she will get back to you.

For now, I recommend posting any changes further down the topic. This will take some time to troubleshoot.

Hi Rebecca.  Sorry for the late note, but was wondering what you meant by your last comment: "posting any changes further down the topic."?

In case Rebecca isn't able to jump in at the moment, just paste in your corrected version in a new comment in the same thread you first started. That way it will still be viewable. :)

Ok, thank you for the suggestion.  I did what you said to do and it worked!  Yay!  So my first revision is listed in with the comment section of the Poem's post.

Have you heard any updates as to what's going on with the problem I've been having?

Weekends are rather cricket-filled for the most part. Working on the site requires some time, so it may be a day or so. So hangeth thou in there! :D