Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Johne

[Satirical] Christian Book Opportunities in the TIme of COVID19

Mike Duran shared this today on Facebook.

Yesterday, literary agent Chip MacGregor detailed some recently publishing stats and mentioned that Christian fiction sales were down 25%. I asked what he thought had caused that trend and Ben Wolf consoled me saying that Christian publishers are notoriously behind the curve, but that we'd probably start seeing a bunch of non-fiction titles about pandemic-related issues very soon. So I thought I'd brainstorm a few possible titles to kick-start the next trend.

• "The Purpose-Driven Quarantine."
  • "The Hiding Place: Finding Shelter from Power-Hungry State Officials, Stir-Crazy Kids, and Crazed Protesters."
  • "Pandemics and the End Times: What the Bible Says about Plagues, Nephilim, and the Coming Antichrist."
  • "Devotions for Quarantine."
  • "Looting in Love: 13 Ways to Love Your Neighbor by Stealing His Crap."
  • "Growing Your Marriage through Lockdown."
  • "The Daniel Plan: Quarantine Edition -- How to Make Endless Beans and Rice Work for You."
  • "Seven Rules for Prospering in Isolation."
  • "The Pandemic Survival Guide: Learn Everything from Making Facemasks to Alternatives for Toilet Paper to Defending Your Property from Peaceful Protesters."
  • "How Would Jesus Protest: 13 Biblical Ways to Screw the System."
  • "Find Your Best Self (When Nobody is Around to See You)."

Okay. That should get us started. Any ideas you'd like to pitch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

"Mere Quarantine"

"Knowing COVID-19"

"The Valley of Lockdown"

"The Cost of Social Distancing"

"Paradise Six-feet"

"Police in the Hands of an Angry Mob"

"The Fauci Letters"

"How Should We Then Distance?"

"The Pandemic Progress"

"The Case For GET US BACK TO WORK!"

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

This isn't a title, but it could be the theme for a book about what will hopefully happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

(2 Chronicles7:14)

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

This isn't a title, but it could be the theme for a book about what will hopefully happen

Such a true statement. I love that scripture.