Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Posted (edited)

@suspensewriter I'm sorry I JUST learned about it like yesterday lol so I'm no good for helping you with it I don't even know myself yet. I was planning on picking scrivener pretty soon here but I wasn't going to start working with it till I started my next draft. 

But youtube has quite a few video's about it. I don't know if this video is too old but this guy runs through a formatting setup for his book on scrivener.

Edited by Unchained Spirit
  • Like 1

Coming to this party late - I've been using the Scrivener 3 beta for Windows for a year now. It's spectacular. 

Just now, Johne said:

Coming to this party late - I've been using the Scrivener 3 beta for Windows for a year now. It's spectacular. 

Is there a huge difference between 2 and 3? I'm looking forward for 3 for Windows becoming available.

29 minutes ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

Is there a huge difference between 2 and 3?

There is, yes. 2 is good, 3 is awesome (but the Compile has changed and presents a new learning curve). Overall, it's a really beefy update and gives the Windows version the powerful tools they've had on the Mac side for a couple of years.

@Johne, have you had any bugs or glitches in the beta version? And how easy was it to upgrade? (this is a stupid question, but you didn't lose any of your work in setting up Scrivener 3,did you?) 

1 hour ago, Claire Tucker said:

@Johne, have you had any bugs or glitches in the beta version? And how easy was it to upgrade? (this is a stupid question, but you didn't lose any of your work in setting up Scrivener 3,did you?) 

No problems. Other than having to learn the new Compile system, the actual work has been a joy.

I guess I downloaded 3.15 when I began, so the only learning curve has been just to learn what it can do and how I do it.