Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
quietspirit

Has anyone heard of or dealt with this website?

A local writer asked a friend and me if we had either one heard of this website.

https://christianbookproposals.com/

It says it's a site where unagented writers can submit their proposals and different publishing houses can read those proposals. There is a fee and that fee is good for a six-month term. If a writer wishes to keep their proposal active for another six-months, the writer pays that fee again. Their list of publisher-members looks impressive.

Yes, I've heard of them. I'm sure there are a few writers who have been picked up through their service but here's my thought: agents have piles of submissions on their desks or in their email boxes and they're going to take the time to go to a site to read through more submissions??? I don't see them doing this. Just my two coppers' worth. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Lynn. I wasn't comfortable with the price. As I see it, there is no guarantee that a writer's proposal will be read in that six month time frame.

Edited by quietspirit
corrected spelling

Exactly. And I'm sure they won't share their success rate. I wouldn't waste my time, effort, or money on it. If I am looking for an agent, I'd work on my proposal and start looking for agents. Not waiting for them to come to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Deep sigh! Isn't there an easy way to do this?

(No, I know there isn't.)

I understand  your thought. It seems to be harder than the actual writing  phase!