Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I am praying for you and everyone else out there. 

• Like 1

I'll never understand why they have to riot, loot, burn, and hurt others. Protests, heck yea, but this other? What gives? They're making themselves just as bad. 

• Like 2

I agree. It's senseless. Proves nothing and improves nothing. We had them here for two days. Haven't heard about tonight. But there's a mandatory curfew. But we're not close to it. Praise the Lord! Praying for you Y.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Protests, heck yea, but this other? What gives? They're making themselves just as bad. 

I think the looting, destruction, etc., has nothing to do with the original protests. It's devolved into a number of groups/individuals who are exploiting the protests for their own ends. So long as leniency is shown, they will continue, and probably escalate their behaviors. It's a terrible situation.

• Like 2

We've sorta stole Ys thread. Sorry.  Hope you're doing fine Y and you stay safe. 

• Like 1

Yes, thank you. It was an interesting night with sirens and fires going on.  Lots of stores were damaged.  The lot I was in was in a little alleyway with an apartment building so not many noticed it, those few who did left when I stepped out of my vehicle.  I then had to work day shift the next day and night shift again after that so I crammed 3 days into two and this is the first I have been able to check in.  Thank you all.

Yup safe and working 6 days a week then working at home on projects on day 7.  Got some painting down today on the raised gardens for my dad and took down my police memorial flag from the new flagpole as people are cruising the suburbs looking for police related things for houses to target.

7 hours ago, yawarakai said:

people are cruising the suburbs looking for police related things for houses to target.

That is sad, but understandable.

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I joined a forum where many people feel the same way I do about everything going on with that stuff. I hope you're all still staying safe with everything going on God Bless.

Edited by Unchained Spirit

10 hours ago, Unchained Spirit said:

I'm glad I joined a forum where many people feel the same way I do about everything going on with that stuff. I hope you're all still staying safe with everything going on God Bless.

But those who don't agree talk about it in a civil matter here.  I am currently on the night shift at a factory 40 miles from my house where nothing happens, just watch the cameras and walk through once in a while.  Being a floater also I wind up everywhere else during the week.  The day it 96 here I got called in to cover a shopping center that involved walking around it the whole shift outside (might be why the guard called off) then went and worked the overnight.  I should have 54 hours by the end of the day today.

That's good I'm completely fine with other opinions and agreeing to disagree. It has just been tiring to see all the demonization of people just because they have different opinions. For awhile it's just seemed like if u think or believe the wrong thing ur just labeled and attacked without reason.

Glad people here can still love and respect each other even though they may disagree. Seems like that attitudes quickly disappearing in the world

And man you been busy I see stay with everything going on