Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I just spotted a review on one of my books (I don't have very many, about 10 total) that does a better job of describing and explaining it than I can.

This is for my book called Blessings and Trials (I'm giving it away FREE next week as part of my school's summer reading program):

"As a fan of Peretti's "Darkness" duology and others in the same vein like Hudson's "On the Edge" and Beale's "War in Heaven", but also a fan of Tolkien, Sanderson, Eddings, and Salvatore, among others, when I stumbled on this I was immediately excited to see a genre mash-up that took a biblical worldview that included vivid imagery of spiritual warfare and weaved it into an epic fantasy setting, with plausible reasons for the existence & use of magic-like abilities & powers. The moral compass here is strong, the bad guys are clearly bad, and well-personified; the good guys are clearly good, and well-differentiated from each other; there are arcs of repentance & redemption as well. I just finished book 2 and had to come back here and re-review the first one since it had been re-published with a new cover & date. Can't wait for book 3!"

I literally have chills from reading that guy/gal's opinion of my book. I'm floored. I can just say wow. I'm on the verge of tears. Somebody totes gets me and that book!

I just wanted to share this moment of authorial excitement and triumph with my fellow Christian writers here. There are people out there that want to see Godly stories. Well, at least a couple. Don't give up! Never surrender!

• Like 12

That's awesome! 🙂 Congratulations! 😊 

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!!! That's great! :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomas Davidsmeier said:

There are people out there that want to see Godly stories. Well, at least a couple. Don't give up! Never surrender!

Amen. Congratulations!

On 5/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, Thomas Davidsmeier said:

I literally have chills from reading that guy/gal's opinion of my book. I'm floored. I can just say wow. I'm on the verge of tears. Somebody totes gets me and that book!

Thank you for sharing this moment.  We have chills for you!  Makes it all worth while, doesn't it?  Truly, you seem to have attracted a high class fan!  

Congratulations! I checked out your book on Amazon, but it seems to be missing a synopsis, so I could not figure out what it was about. You should look into adding that.

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your excitement and sense of triumph. It can arouse both humbling and ecstatic feelings to receive such affirming and wonderful reviews. May there be many more on the way for you! 🙂

If we could all write as well as David Eddings. Fantastic that your fan could describe your book better then you could; my wife usually has an entire different take on my books than I did!

Where can I get "Blessings and Trials" next week?