Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I gave up and decided to have some friends make a couple for me:

image.png.af6f28bc9e0c85bed4cfcfa275278cfe.png

image.png.bc2c1bc566efad7a1809b7c7ce24c99e.png

image.png.40c89ce19348bb49c43a2bc71878d9e0.png

Thoughts?

@Zee@lynnmosher, those are both very pretty images, but I think they give off too much of a romance vibe. "Links of the Two Worlds" has no romance whatsoever.

I like the last one best of all the covers you've shared so far. It has the trees/plants theme which is important to the story, and also gives the feel of tiny people looking up, but I wonder if you could play with the photo so it has a more golden, fantasy-type lighting. The font is pretty good, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Micaiah said:

those are both very pretty images, but I think they give off too much of a romance vibe. "Links of the Two Worlds" has no romance whatsoever.

LOL I realize that now. I was rolling yours and another together. So sorry. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering something. Should the word THE be taken out of the title: Links of Two Worlds. ???

3 hours ago, Zee said:

I like the last one best of all the covers you've shared so far.

Yes! The last one looks really good :D 

• Like 1

If you use the last one, I would suggest making the font just a tad bit smaller. Too close to the edges. Like this one the best. :D

• Like 1

I do like all three of them. the first and third one in particular...   

I would mess with the fonts a bit though... make them pop out more... 

The chain links really do illustrate the whole concept of the story.  I kinda miss them.....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ora said:

The chain links really do illustrate the whole concept of the story.  I kinda miss them.....

IKR?! 

I decided to try another (the one with the pine trees that y'all really liked is being fixed up right now):

image.thumb.png.d367e546a415f5b438fda87eafe0a217.png

Thoughts?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cbabd7366306bf51

Edited by Micaiah

No, it just looks like a dog chain. You need to incorporate the “links” idea more subtly...a bridge linking two banks of a river? A tree, linking the upper and lower worlds with its roots? At the very least, have a pretty chain.

• Like 1

Now, these photos are just inspirational, for the concept. I know that none of them would work for your cover as-is.

But I just had another thought--if you find yourself running into a wall with this, have you considered changing the title of your book? With my first, I was practically beating my head against the wall trying to come up with a cover concept, and then I changed the title, and boom, it all fell into place. And I just changed the title on the book I'm working on now, too, to give it a more genre-appropriate "feel." (Not to say that "Links of the Two Worlds" is a bad title for fantasy--I think it's rather good, but there might be some other important element of the story you could draw out that would be easier to portray in a visually appealing way.)

cobweb-1576323_1920.jpg

jewelry-420016_1920.jpg

network-1246209_1920.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zee said:

But I just had another thought--if you find yourself running into a wall with this, have you considered changing the title of your book?

*Chuckles nervously* I, um, I suck at naming things. It too me forever to come up with "Links of the Two Worlds." Compared to the filler title, "The Adventures of Lindsay and Nathen," it was awesome lol. TBH, I didn't even name my own characters! Lindsay and Nathen was a combination of names that my sister came up with when I was telling her the original plot, and the background characters' names were mostly created by my friends. Naming is not my specialty. At all. If I were to rename it, I don't have even the slightest idea of where to start. 

Wait”The Links” IS the story; (I read it- it’s great) you need real links in the title — IMO (and graphics too).  If you don’t, you may as well write a different story 😂😂

• Like 1

"Lived" should be "lives," and you should make it clear that Nathen IS the Upperlander. Right now it sounds as if you've got three characters in play here, Lindsay, Nathen, and an "Upperlander." Other than that, looks good!