Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Joseph S. Roberts

Problem Posting in Critique Forum

I’m a new member, I know of the rules of posting in Critique forum, by commenting and posting 10 or more content count.  I keep getting this message when I reached the amount required.   

D6D3A510-1CB6-45CE-9A44-FD7FE240A076.png

93EE3751-C413-460C-9BA5-0449968267A9.png

Sorry you're having a problem, Joe. Sometimes the system hasn't caught up. Try signing out and in again and see if that helps.

Just now, lynnmosher said:

Sorry you're having a problem, Joe. Sometimes the system hasn't caught up. Try signing out and in again and see if that helps.

Okay, I have an amazing Peter Pan scene I wanna share 🤣 I’ll try it

Either it takes a little while for the system to count to ten or you may be trying to read a post that has a padlock beside the name. 

8 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Either it takes a little while for the system to count to ten or you may be trying to read a post that has a padlock beside the name. 

It gave me that message when I clicked on the rules 

4 minutes ago, Joseph S. Roberts said:

It gave me that message when I clicked on the rules 

The rules are locked for me too.

16 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Okay I tried signing out and back in, giving me the same message. I may have to keep interacting with the group for it to kick in. 

Then it's not you, Joe, or HK. It's the system. For some reason, it decides to rebel once in a while on the rules. Basically, it goes like this: tell others what exactly you would like for them to critique. The word limit is up to 3000 but 2500 is usually best. Be kind in giving a critique but don't just say "that's nice." Go ahead and use the forum. Oh, you also need to critique the works of others for every one of your own.

Joe, just so you know, we have a support forum for questions like this. Unfortunately, I'm not able to move this there.

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

Then it's not you, Joe, or HK. It's the system. For some reason, it decides to rebel once in a while on the rules. Basically, it goes like this: tell others what exactly you would like for them to critique. The word limit is up to 3000 but 2500 is usually best. Be kind in giving a critique but don't just say "that's nice." Go ahead and use the forum. Oh, you also need to critique the works of others for every one of your own.

I will, only be aware that I’m new to the whole writing process, I’ve never given a full critique and I do not know what I’m doing. 🤣

Not to worry. Just post that thought with your work. ;) And put on your armor. Many new writers have thin skin and do not like being corrected. Writers need to grow a thick skin. Trust me! :D

• Like 1

I'm not sure why the topic with the guidelines continues to be hidden. Either way, I have moved them to the top of the forum so this shouldn't happen again. 🙂

• Like 1