Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Please pray for my health. I have been struggling for almost a year now, with lots of ups and downs. Some of you have prayed for me in the past, and I thank you for that! Recently, I have been on a medication taper that seemed to take care of the symptoms of my Ulcerative Colitis. I was worried it was just masking the symptoms, and now that I am off the taper, I find that it was just masking the symptoms, and the UC is still active and wreaking havoc in my system. Please pray that the medication will work more effectively and that the doctors will be able to find a medical combination that will bring the UC into full remission and keep it that way. In fact, I have one more medicine I can try, and then I will be out of options aside from major surgery. Thank you for your prayers. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Oh God, Father, Son and Spirit,

One, one in Love,

bless Jared in all ways,

in all needs,

and please show wholeness

in Jared, to and including 

this condition.  We ask

You to heal him.

In the Name of our Risen

Advocate and our Peace, 

Jesus, Messiah—Who calls

us Friends.  Amen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that, Jared! I'll be praying for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lord, @Jared Williams needs your healing hand, strength, and comfort.  Guide the doctors and provide wisdom in treatment such that You will be glorified. We ask in Jesus name with full expectation that it will be done as You promised if we but only ask. Amen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am praying for you. 

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jared, there is no cure yet. There is miracle. There is God's mercy. And there is, "What will you have me learn now, Lord?" (Constant reminder, God is doing this out of love. Something apparently, I'm having trouble remembering for myself, although, no problem for anyone else.)

And don't knock masking. Masking has been keeping me alive for 20 years. (Masking pain, but masking is masking.) Also, do get if one works even for a little while, it can work again somewhere down the road. (Something doctors do tend to forget.) And there is more than one doctor. Not saying your doctor is bad, but doctors only know but so much, and each one knows a little something the last one didn't know and vice versa. So, if you can go for second opinion, next doctor may have heard of another med that masks for a nice long time that works for you. (Like I said. 20 years and still alive.)

Lord, I don't think there is anyone on earth who is good with pain or suffering. I honestly don't get why that comes with following you, but that's where I am right now, not on you. Lord, reach Jared. You've answered many of his pain questions, now let all that reach into his heart, emotions, and spirit that he might do what we all forget to do when pain and fear hits. Help him to trust you, remember you love him, this is for his good, and your glory, just like you promised. And you have this figured out somehow, someway, because you promised. And you don't lie. Amen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jared Williams said:

symptoms of my Ulcerative Colitis.

Have you looked into any natural things? Herbs, supplements, cleanses, probiotics, etc?

Edited by HK1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all. Yes, I've tried different diets and supplements. Although it has helped some people and can be a factor, every case of UC is different, and in the decade I've struggled with UC, so far, I have not found any correlation between food and the UC. It is ultimately still a relatively unknown disease that is immune system related. 

I am back on the previous med (steroid- prednisone) that masked the system previously (it is not meant to be taken long-term, so that's part of the rub. It has dozens of very bad side effects and the longer you take it the worse the side-effects - not to mention the benefits of the med wane the more you take it...) 

I am now waiting on a test result to come back, and then I am going to ask my doctor if I can try one last medication options in hopes it will put my UC in remission, and if that doesn't work, I may be looking at surgery, though I will probably get a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic before any choice is made on surgery. That's a pretty drastic measure.  Thank you again for your prayers. It is so greatly appreciated. 

• Like 4

Jared: Is your doctor a general practice doctor? I had to see a gastroenterologist to have him say the word, Celiac. I knew to  go onto a gluten free diet, no wheat, barley, or rye. That diet and one probiotic a day has worked for me, most of the time. If I get too much candy or snacks, I have problems then. If you are advised by your doctor to try the gluten free diet. I will tell you that the food items are expensive. I will add your name to my prayer list.

• Like 1

thank you for your caring suggestion, @quietspirit, but I've tried multiple diets, gluten free and lactose free included. UC is a immune deficiency disease and has nothing to do with food, I'm afraid. Certain diets have helped people with UC, but it's not a cause, just a factor in some cases. and yes, I see a gastronologist almost exclusively for this. If you guys can continue to pray, I just learned today that the Cdiff is also back. I've been free of it for over a month, but its back too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jared Williams said:

immune deficiency disease

Have they found the cause of it? 

Let me give some examples, so you don't take that the wrong way. I have a severe vitamin D deficiency because I have a genetic disorder that prevents my body from changing sunlight into vitamin D like everyone else. Many doctors of elderly patients order a B12 test if they start showing signs of memory loss, because, in many older individuals, their intents stop absorbing vitamin B12 and memory loss is one of the side effects of a B12 deficiency. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Williams said:

If you guys can continue to pray,

I'll definitely keep praying!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

update - still struggling, though the meds are keeping me on my feet. (for the most part). Results came back, I have cdiff again on top of fighting the UC. they have me back on the antibiotics and I have a few doctors appointments coming up. I'm going to push for starting Remicaide. It's the last medication I can try that I haven't yet tried for my UC. I'm already on Antivio, so the combination should be even stronger and a higher risk of success. If it doesn't work, surgery may be my only option left.  (well, not maybe, it is, as far as I know and as far as the gastronologist I'm going to know.) 

• Sad 1