Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Chuck Kralik

other Upcoming Book Release

I am currently working on a Christian children's book called "Finished". I'm partnering with Teresa Gibbons of TDG Publications and illustrator Terri Melia Hamlin to tell this fictional story of Jesus' childhood. I've included a preliminary illustration by Terri that depicts a young Jesus with his parents, Mary and Joseph. Our tentative release date is September 26th, 2020.

Finished - Holy Family.jpg

• Like 2

Woohoo! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 Congratulations!! 

• Like 2

Yes, congratulations, Chuck.  But don't you find it a little hard to fictionalize the childhood of Jesus when we have no information about it?

• Like 1

Yes. I'm making extra effort to stress that it is a work of fiction. The story foreshadows the cross and empty tomb.

• Like 1

I once read a book called 'Jesus the teenage years.'  Lent it to someone and never got it back. it was excellent. It very cleverly foreshadowed Jesus healings and miracles i.e the feeding of the 5000 and the walking on water. Not sure if it is still available. Will look and let you know.

Congratulations. Sounds interesting.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, suspensewriter said:

But don't you find it a little hard to fictionalize the childhood of Jesus when we have no information about it?

Psalm 69 speaks of Jesus childhood. Jesus didn't have a  happy childhood. He had a hard time growing up.

Verse 8 "I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children."

His brothers and sisters made fun of him because they knew who their father was. It was a burden He carried all of his life.  John 8:19 "Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”

Verse 9-12 "For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.  When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach. I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them. They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards."

Those at the gates were the town's leaders. They spoke evil against him because they thought He was a bastard.  

I became a proverb, the town folk even made up dirty songs about him and his mother.

Jesus not only suffered on the cross, but his whole childhood was one of ridicule, hatred and bullying. He suffered all of this for us. He could have been born a king, but instead he endured a life of torment for us.

Yikes! I missed this somehow. Congratulations, Chuck! That's awesome! Hope it does well. :D

image.png.8cb4221d404138029b5a5e43da1cc5c3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.