Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

My firearms recert got cancelled in March due to the pandemic.  All the ranges have been closed and still are but one company managed to get a class in next Saturday May 15.  I am going to for this class, with different instructor than I am used to with no practice time at the range in months.  I need to pass this class in order to keep my job and my license expires the beginning of June so I have to take the soonest class I can.  Please pray I pass this class and the shooting skill come back to me as I am on the range.

The instructor I am used to gives ample time to shoot, I am not sure how this new instructor will do but I paid the $100 for the class so I can keep working.

• Like 1

Praying for you! 

19 minutes ago, yawarakai said:

The instructor I am used to gives ample time to shoot, I am not sure how this new instructor will do

In good news, the vast majority of instructors do.

• Like 1

Lord, @yawarakai needs Your strength and guidance to pass a firearm qualification certification. While you have blessed him with not having to use the firearm, he has not been able to practice and must certify under a new instructor at an unfamiliar location.  As You have in the past please continue to provide for him and show Your power in his best qualifying session yet. In full confidence we trust You will provide all for Your glory. Amen.

• Like 1

The only good thing about the pandemic is the stimulus check allowed me to buy ammo.  At $20+ a box and $15 a half hour for range time I was down to once a year shooting.  With the check I went online for the bulk pricing of $16 a box for 1000 rounds.

• Like 2

Sorry, Y. Just seeing this. So glad you got your check and a discount on the ammo. Praying for you!

• Like 1

So the ranges opened around here this week and I went today for 30 minutes, then the lead in the air made it hard to breathe.  I am doing the same old thing shooting too far to the side then correcting and shooting the other way on the 50 ft shot.  20 foot I can see the target and the holes when they appear and adjust accordingly.  Sat at 1 EST I take my test, but at least I got some shooting in today.

$60 at the range today, $300 in groceries, $60 for a license plate, $100 for the test I take tomorrow I still have a $50 drivers license coming up this month.  The money is going negative this pay.  At least if I pass tomorrow I will not have to worry about that and can try to get a refund from the original class I payed for.

• Like 1

I passed my test after a few reshoots.  I used the max tries for the 50 foot shots and had to redo the tik tac shoot around the barricade.  I called the place where I was originally scheduled to test and they are sending me a refund for the $100 I paid for test that cancelled when everything closed.  So now I am not out an extra $100 for testing.

• Like 7

On 5/16/2020 at 8:33 PM, lynnmosher said:

That's great, Y. Glad you passed your test and you got your money back. :D

I feel bad for the guy who has to do the refund, it is not his fault the class was cancelled and now he has to cut his class size down to 8 from 20 people but the range fees are the same for him.

• Like 1

Apparently my pay has been  bouncing up and down 4 hours every other week.  They are supposed to pay me a min of 40 hours but only payed me for the hours I worked 4 checks ago which was 36,  Since then they have been adjusting it up and down the same 4 hours until this week when they shorted me 8 hours and now they have to look into the last 3 months of pay to figure it out.

Fortunately the bank put a note on my credit card account that the payment will be late this month.

• Like 1