(this morning, the first thing I did after making coffee was to flip on the TV to the TBN channel and watch a few Bill Gaither Memories specials.    The last one about Gospel music stuck with me, because after watching, I went hiking for an hour and a new Gospel tune with evolving lyrics popped into my random thinking.   I sang this as I walked around (I'll try to figure how to record and upload the singing, later):

It's never too late . . . to turn . . . to Jesus

Like as the prodigals became Apostles Peter an' Paul!

They fell to tough Love,

Rose up from the depths of depression.

Thomas doubted God lives, Saw the Son Is,

Submitted his soul!

If it had not been for the Spirit

Travailing for us, day and night,

And our Attorney Jesus

Pleading before the Magistrate,

And our Heavely Father

Declaring us "Innocent!"

Because of the Blood, out of God's Love

We are Victory's chil--dren!

And we know that God lives, confess the Son Is,

Walk in His Free-ee-dom!

• Like 2

The song is like a gift to me--needed it for affirmation.   For the last five years, I've experienced an onslaught of reactions to things I apparently stuffed way back in my subconscious.  I've been shocked, disappointed and unnerved, as I had to learn a whole new understanding of inner self-control, that kind that pleases God.    I'd say I'm phasing out of the shock and experiencing the healing of Jesus' stripes as I learn to trust our loving Father in a more childlike way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.