Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Some words of wisdom by the great Ray Bradbury:

"Zest.  Gusto.  How rarely we hear those words used... think Shakespeare and Melville and you think of thunder, lightning, wind.  They all knew the joy in creating in large or small forms, on limited or restricted canvasses... they knew fun in their work."

Sometimes I think that as Christian writers we forget God's magnificent sense of beauty, and we only write of drab, dreary things.  We need to infuse out work with a little of God's loving touch, his magic, don't you agree?

• Like 6

I'm writing in Epic Fantasy and LitRPG (both with explicitly Christian material in the books). Both those genres really lend themselves to letting your creative side go wild.

Though, right now I'm trying to finish a Coronavirus thriller-ish book that I thought was going to go really fast until real life raged through my schedule like Godzilla through downtown Tokyo.

Interestingly though, the extra time gave me perspective and helped me see how to improve what I was planning for the book. God helps sometimes. Sometimes, He just does it in weird ways.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Sometimes I think that as Christian writers we forget God's magnificent sense of beauty, and we only write of drab, dreary things.  We need to infuse out work with a little of God's loving touch, his magic, don't you agree?

If you don't want to read some drab and dreary Christian writing, check out this article of mine titled "Invitation to Living Nativity:

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, suspensewriter said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Like, Lynn, I write devotions. I have learned that I have to be aware of God's goodness to His children and of the beauty of His kingdom. I enjoy spring because of the process of God's world re-awakening. I enjoy summer because of the delicious produce that are available locally. I enjoy the colors of the fall season because they are usually so bright. I have to accept the winter season, although its beauty is different. 

We have to take the time to get off someplace by ourselves and just watch our surrounding. We may want to sit in our cars and  "people watch." Then we let our imagination take over and see where God takes us.

Edited by quietspirit
added statement.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, quietspirit said:

We may want to sit in our cars and  "people watch."

That's a really good idea, @quietspirit!  I'll have to try it (when this COVID-19 thing is done).