Jump to content

Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Recommended Posts

SO...I changed the title of my romance, because I was done with tearing my hair out over how to incorporate a café into the mess that was my cover. Yes, the cafe's important to the story, but it's not THAT important. 

 

What do you all think of this cover (and this title?)

 

Questions? Comments? Problems?

wrong place,.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that's good, Zee. I'd make sure the Right Time font fits with romance fonts. Good for you! :D👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, that's good, Zee. I'd make sure the Right Time font fits with romance fonts. Good for you! :D👍

 

I’m not sure about this specific font, but curly, handwriting-style fonts seem popular, so it shouldn’t look out of place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a romance person, but it's simple and I like that. It has what appears to be the wrong place and the people are the right time. It's a good cover IMHO

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - this works for me. I liked the original title but think this hit the hammer on the nail with regard to the main theme of the story having read through.

 

I just wonder if the couple should be in black and white as oppose to colour?

It looks a bit photo shop to me.  Most covers are but it might not be so obvious if they are b&w.

Just a thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since most are in color, I'd leave them in color. And yes, great choice for changing the title. Also, I'd make all three fonts are free to use for books. Good job! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Since most are in color, I'd leave them in color. And yes, great choice for changing the title. Also, I'd make all three fonts are free to use for books. Good job! :D

 

If a font is available for free, doesn’t that mean it’s ok to use for a cover? 

 

These both were fonts from free Canva.com templates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

Yes - this works for me. I liked the original title but think this hit the hammer on the nail with regard to the main theme of the story having read through.

 

I just wonder if the couple should be in black and white as oppose to colour?

It looks a bit photo shop to me.  Most covers are but it might not be so obvious if they are b&w.

Just a thought.

 

 

I originally tried the design with the couple in black and white and it just didn’t look good.

 

I think it’s all right, though, because a couple superimposed upon a different background seems to be a popular theme in romance cover design...

 

Di you think this couple looks enough like Anna and Boris that people won’t be going “What...?”

Edited by Zee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some, even though free, are not free for book covers. Just be sure you check them out thoroughly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

I think some, even though free, are not free for book covers. Just be sure you check them out thoroughly.

 

So, if it doesn't say anything, how do you know the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can't tell the difference. You have to do some searching or send an email to the website or the creator of the font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

No, you can't tell the difference. You have to do some searching or send an email to the website or the creator of the font.

 

That's really confusing. Why would they offer a free font template and then have it not really be free? Actually I don't even know the name of the font, I just picked the one from their selection of templates that looked right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, is this for an ebook?

 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever font you use inside the ebook, do not embed it.

 

See if you can go back to Canva and find the name of those fonts. That's so much easier than me trying to find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Whatever font you use inside the ebook, do not embed it.

 

See if you can go back to Canva and find the name of those fonts. That's so much easier than me trying to find them.

 

Well, I don’t think they’re  given by name because they’re templates, but the plain one is from the template that says “DAZZLE” and the plain one is from the one that says “Cheers.” Both appear on the left hand side of the page when you click “Text.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.