Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

SO...I changed the title of my romance, because I was done with tearing my hair out over how to incorporate a café into the mess that was my cover. Yes, the cafe's important to the story, but it's not THAT important. 

What do you all think of this cover (and this title?)

Questions? Comments? Problems?

wrong place,.jpg

• Like 3

Oh, that's good, Zee. I'd make sure the Right Time font fits with romance fonts. Good for you! :D👍

58 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, that's good, Zee. I'd make sure the Right Time font fits with romance fonts. Good for you! :D👍

I’m not sure about this specific font, but curly, handwriting-style fonts seem popular, so it shouldn’t look out of place.

Not a romance person, but it's simple and I like that. It has what appears to be the wrong place and the people are the right time. It's a good cover IMHO

• Thanks 1

Yes - this works for me. I liked the original title but think this hit the hammer on the nail with regard to the main theme of the story having read through.

I just wonder if the couple should be in black and white as oppose to colour?

It looks a bit photo shop to me.  Most covers are but it might not be so obvious if they are b&w.

Just a thought.

Since most are in color, I'd leave them in color. And yes, great choice for changing the title. Also, I'd make all three fonts are free to use for books. Good job! :D

13 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Since most are in color, I'd leave them in color. And yes, great choice for changing the title. Also, I'd make all three fonts are free to use for books. Good job! :D

If a font is available for free, doesn’t that mean it’s ok to use for a cover? 

These both were fonts from free Canva.com templates.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

Yes - this works for me. I liked the original title but think this hit the hammer on the nail with regard to the main theme of the story having read through.

I just wonder if the couple should be in black and white as oppose to colour?

It looks a bit photo shop to me.  Most covers are but it might not be so obvious if they are b&w.

Just a thought.

I originally tried the design with the couple in black and white and it just didn’t look good.

I think it’s all right, though, because a couple superimposed upon a different background seems to be a popular theme in romance cover design...

Di you think this couple looks enough like Anna and Boris that people won’t be going “What...?”

Edited by Zee
  • Like 1

I think some, even though free, are not free for book covers. Just be sure you check them out thoroughly.

57 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

I think some, even though free, are not free for book covers. Just be sure you check them out thoroughly.

So, if it doesn't say anything, how do you know the difference?

No, you can't tell the difference. You have to do some searching or send an email to the website or the creator of the font.

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

No, you can't tell the difference. You have to do some searching or send an email to the website or the creator of the font.

That's really confusing. Why would they offer a free font template and then have it not really be free? Actually I don't even know the name of the font, I just picked the one from their selection of templates that looked right.

8 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, is this for an ebook?

Yes.

Whatever font you use inside the ebook, do not embed it.

See if you can go back to Canva and find the name of those fonts. That's so much easier than me trying to find them.

5 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Whatever font you use inside the ebook, do not embed it.

See if you can go back to Canva and find the name of those fonts. That's so much easier than me trying to find them.

Well, I don’t think they’re  given by name because they’re templates, but the plain one is from the template that says “DAZZLE” and the plain one is from the one that says “Cheers.” Both appear on the left hand side of the page when you click “Text.”