Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

8 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Okay. I know you won't like this and I don't really mean for you to. It's only a concept. Since you have romance in the midst of chaos, this is what strikes my mind. It's not done well. Just a thought to ponder. One thing, if you use images, be sure you get permission. Or if they're free, make sure you can use them for book covers. You will also need permission to use a font. If it's free, be sure it's usable for covers. These two fonts are on the list for romance fonts. Oh, and this would be a 6x9 cover. I don't think I'd go light and fluffy because the chaos is such a big part of it.

image.png.c9075f9c867e77de82e34ae35b30c585.png

Cool! That’s so sweet to put together a cover for me...and you managed to incorporate all the elements, which is where I’m getting stuck. You even used my same “cafe” graphic...

True, it doesn’t quite “work” but neither have any of mine.

My latest, with the smoke, was an attempt to be less “light and fluffy” but I think I went too far...

If images are available free online, they’re ok for cover use, right? I collected all the images from Pixabay, which is the sight you recommended a while ago, I believe.

How did you lose the white background on the cafe graphic?

Remove it in Photoshop Elements. There are a couple of online background removers. Not all are created equal. ;) What I was doing, as well as EB, was the concept. To spark some ideas. It's easy to get stuck in a rut but it helps when others introduce other ideas. :D

7 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Remove it in Photoshop Elements. There are a couple of online background removers. Not all are created equal. ;) What I was doing, as well as EB, was the concept. To spark some ideas. It's easy to get stuck in a rut but it helps when others introduce other ideas. :D

Well, thanks again. I’m flattered.

What’s the best (free) online program for removing/blending backgrounds? I’ve been using Canva, but it doesn’t seem to have those particular features.

I saw a new one the other day but don't remember the name of it. Hang on. I'll get back to you. I'm just starting to make some cinnamon raising bread! :D

8 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

I saw a new one the other day but don't remember the name of it. Hang on. I'll get back to you. I'm just starting to make some cinnamon raising bread! :D

HEY! I think I've got it. You unlocked my inspiration.

I suspect it's not conventional enough, but unless people are like, NO WAY, I think I'm going with it.

If a million years pass and nobody downloads my story, I can always change it later.

Oxsana's Café.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

I like this the one @lynmosher  did. Spot on.

I don’t think she was planning to have me use hers...it was a jump start for a dying battery. Glad you liked this one. I think this is it...

2 hours ago, Zee said:

What’s the best (free) online program for removing/blending backgrounds?

Zee, I've used this online one before and it's really good. I tried it out on your couple image and it came out great. Try this site.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Zee, I've used this online one before and it's really good. I tried it out on your couple image and it came out great. Try this site.

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind for future projects.

Actually I just realized I think there’s something wrong with the link. It takes me straight back to this page.

Edited by Zee

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

Yikes! How did that happen? So sorry. Here's the right link.  

Thanks!

What about this one?

Still no café, but I think the darkness/fuzziness of the image could imply the happy couple's circumstances are not the happiest. And they look like the characters. Kind of...sort of...a little tiny bit...

Oxsana's Café (1).jpg

Problem. This couple do not look anything like your characters. Also, no hint of the cafe or troubles. Sorry.

44 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

Problem. This couple do not look anything like your characters. Also, no hint of the cafe or troubles. Sorry.

Yeah...I know. Anna and Boris don’t look like anybody likely to be a photo/book cover model. I’m still planning to go with my graphic cover for now and hope for the best, but I thought I’d better give the “conventional romance” idea one final shot.

Since you’ve read the story, what are your thoughts about it being appropriate for Young Adult?

The cover seems to fit much more neatly into that niche...but the main characters aren’t teenagers, so maybe that’s a bad idea.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Zee said:

I think I'm going with it.

My only problem with this one is that what you call smoke looks more like lace to me, including the little lines. If you found a smokier smoke, I'd like that.

I like F.  It has the couple in a cafe. The  title and author  stand out 😃- you could see from a distance. 

Just my humble opinion.

I love the background but not sure about the figures. Maybe to hugging couple from the other design instead.??