Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
BKHunter

Repatriation Flights

Although they've closed down the airports, etc. where I am in the Middle East, they have a very limited number of repatriation flights still available. I'm trying to go back to the USA on Thursday, which could very well mean I will never return here since I was scheduled to leave in a few months anyhow. My wife (back in the USA) is hoping I make it back soon; she has been very worried. I am rushing to get everything ready so I can go soon, but my trip still needs to be approved by management (not sure yet if that will happen).

• Like 2

I have family in a similar situation in West Africa. Prayers for you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PenName said:

I have family in a similar situation in West Africa. Prayers for you.

Prayers for them, as well. Better get out now -- I don't know if there will be any flights later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

Just prayed, BK, for the Lord to open the doors for you to return soon.   Sam, PenName, for your family members.

It looks like I will be on Thursday's flight -- thanks.

• Like 2

Praying the Lord intervenes and makes a way for you to get home, BK. :)

Praying for you as well, PN. :)

• Like 2

I’ve got family in Central Africa, and there’s no way they’re all getting out if things get bad...(helps to have dual citizenship in cases like these) so I’d appreciate prayers for them too.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Zee said:

I’ve got family in Central Africa, and there’s no way they’re all getting out if things get bad...(helps to have dual citizenship in cases like these) so I’d appreciate prayers for them too.

I've heard a British passport is better than an American one in some of these cases. I only have the one, though. Praying for your family in Africa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKHunter said:

I've heard a British passport is better than an American one in some of these cases. I only have the one, though. Praying for your family in Africa.

That may well be. Either one would be better than a Congolese passport, I can assure you.

• Like 2

Thanks for your prayers, all. If the flight happens it should be happening right about now. I'll let you all know. 

@Zee, I will be praying!! 🙏

Glad you have a flight scheduled, @BKHunter!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PenName said:

Thank you, @carolinamtne

My family has made it back to the US. Thank God! Prayers for a good journey for you, @BKHunter, and for your family, @Zee!

Glad to hear it!  My family members won’t be leaving, as it’s home for them, but please pray for health and safety all the same. He’s a PA and she’s a nurse.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zee said:

please pray for health and safety all the same. He’s a PA and she’s a nurse.

I will be praying!!

• Like 1

I'm back in the USA now and trying to get the COVID-19 test since I was sick while overseas in March, starting about two weeks after a flight within the Middle East. I don't have any symptoms now, though, so it would have to be the test for antibodies, which is harder to get. I hope I had it already and am immune now.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, PenName said:

My family has made it back to the US. Thank God! Prayers for a good journey for you, @BKHunter, and for your family, @Zee!

Glad to hear your family made it back home! Thanks for the prayers.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:37 AM, BKHunter said:

I hope I had it already and am immune now.

Let us know the results. We're praying.

9 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Let us know the results. We're praying.

They said I can't get tested since I'm not currently sick and the antibody tests are in short supply. So, I'm stuck with a 14-day self quarantine, unfortunately. Thanks for asking.

I think it's better to be self-quarantined for fourteen days and home than to be sick with this virus anywhere.

God bless you.

• Like 1