Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Author platform discussion (part 4)

Let's discuss author platforms. This is a huge topic, so I'm starting a series with different themes/questions for each one. 

What part of the platforms you are on, or even in general, do you find confusing, complicated, or difficult to understand? Is there something they could do to help you? 

Hmmm...can't think of anything off the top of my head. Of course, there's nothing there anyway! LOL 🙃

If some of them (Amazon, Facebook) gave you some idea of how their algorithms work that would probably help all of us. As it is there is a lot of guesswork and trial and error (mostly error it would seem). Setting up a promotion is simple enough on most platforms, but getting real traction with it can be a mystery. 

There are many Android apps for social media management. I like Buffer, with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posting at the free level.  ( It used to be LinkedIn, but I lost faith, and G+ when that was going.) And up to ten at the paid level.

There's an archived post about the best day and time for posting, which you can schedule as it pleases you.