Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

First death in China, a different virus

https://www.newsweek.com/what-hantavirus-man-china-tests-positive-after-dying-infection-spread-rodents-1493924?fbclid=IwAR378tuZXQndey1jd17SeZvHN_NlEN2JsR3eC7KwNA6n278f1KEBLY_XtMk

A man has died of the Hantivirus which is carried by rats and transmitted to human by their pee.  Everyone on the bus with him is being tested.  Wonder how this will play out, will it also cause a panic?  Will the rat covered Coke Cans scam post be resurfacing again?

But the rat covered soda can is a distinct possibility. Especially considering they're stored in warehouses. I wouldn't be so quick to completely dismiss that one. Especially if the top of the can has discoloration or dust on it. A simple and quick wipe is all that's needed. 

My mother in law always wipes the top of soda cans before handing them out. I always say that is not necessary, but maybe it is not a bad idea after all. 🤔

Hate to break up another thing to be afraid of, but we really don't  need to be afraid of this.

Does China Have a ‘New’ Outbreak of Hantavirus?

"However, a single reported case of hantavirus in China does not an outbreak make, and hantaviruses are hardly new. They go back decades and aren’t transmitted between humans like COVID-19. Instead, hantaviruses are spread from rodents to humans, and cases are extremely rare."

I think Newsweek has really lost it's journalistic integrity. Wouldn't trust anything they report unless it's verified. 

Posted (edited)

@Accord64 is right.

The virus is already here in the states. Has been for some time.

Mostly in the west, but there has been one case in the south several years back.

As aforementioned, it's rare. It takes contact with rodent excrement, which includes breathing it. The species of mouse is specific too.

Stiring up dust, and breathing it, is usually how it transmits. Places like campgrounds, or barns, usually.

It does kill fast, but again, it's extremely rare. 

I wouldn't be worried about it.

Edited by RockyMtn Gal