Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Wes B

Because i seem to have lots of time to get philosophical today...

While the times are severe, this may be one of the best times in our lives to learn how much we need God's guidance and strength. We've lived in an age when it was so easy to presume we were in control and secure, but that was always an illusion. Yet knowing that God's will is perfect, we might learn to accept that whatever happens is always under His control. I think we might find peace in that.

(Skip this paragraph if you'd rather avoid other downers not related specifically to us... This is the history buff speaking...) People throughout most of history have had to endure even greater uncertainties throughout their lives. In times without antibiotics, painkillers, or anesthetics, rich and poor alike knew pain in ways most of us never will. In most times, 1/4 to 1/2 of children never survived to adulthood. In some others, half never made it. There was one generation in Europe in which a single lifetime could have witnessed, first a famine that starved a large fraction of the people, then a wave of Black Plague, and finally, a human-caused disaster: The Holy Inquisition. (Imagine all that... in one lifetime...) Yes, our condition is severe, but in perspective, many, many, many people in history would probably trade places with us, and it would be the happiest day of their lives.

With God's help, we will get through this. We might lose people we care about, or may succumb ourselves, but if we can learn to trust Him more, we will grow in Him and learn to serve Him better. This has been very hard to express properly, and  I'm so very sorry if it's sounded harsh. Yet if we can come through this with greater trust in God, less focus on ourselves, and greater care for others, we will emerge with an unimaginably beautiful gift. It's just really hard to feel it, right now...

• Like 4

You speak truth. Much good comes of pruning. It is rare that the whole world gets pruned at the same time, but that is when the greatest good happens. 

Hey! How about I make your words sound like honey in comparrison? My thought last night was that this contageon is like a forest fire. We need them. Places that delay them burn worse, hotter and longer and deeper into the humous, than places that burn regularly. 

Ouch. that is a nasty thought. That is long perspective thinking. Let me assure you that my heart is broken and I weep openly and every day for our world. 

It is so human to not understand the turbulence that others feel, especially when things are going relatively well for us.   I must admit, God is fine-tuning my empathy meter at this time.    My antennae are also up about how the God of Love is is also Creator and Mover & Shaker.    This definitely makes the Old Covenant soak in more readily.  

• Like 1

While recently in Spain, I was driving the "autopista" from Zaragoza to Pamplona.      I passed a stretch of military convoy vehicles that must have taken 10 minutes to do so.   The convoy going about 45 mph, and I, 70. I was the only civilian vehicle during that stretch, and I wished I had a Christian fish symbol on the rear bumper of my rented Peugeot.    I mused about what an end-time, one-world government would look like, but this was interrupted by a huge surge of confidence that hit me.  I couldn't but help think that God is so much bigger than humanity's attempts to glue the world together in its own image.   Yes, the I Am will get us through.

• Like 1

Some of us have prayed for revival, like the Great Awakening(s) of the past. We all know that God is in control and He has the power to do what He chooses. Maybe this is His way to get us to look to God as we experieince this pandemic. A friend of mine has a daughter that is a nurse. She is working on the floor where they are placing those who are infected. She goes home, changes clothes, lauders the ones she removed, and takes a shower, All this in order to keep healthy.  This gave me pause when my friend told me this today.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:48 PM, Wes B said:

With God's help, we will get through this.

Amen! Take once and repeat often! 🧡