Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Today's virus giggle

18 hours ago, RockyMtn Gal said:

image.png.b7f0bf0419ffc6afc595a3e0f68cd341.png

That is how I normally greet people, even when there is no pandemic.  But unlike that guy in the picture, I smile and act glad to see whoever I'm waving at.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

But unlike that guy in the picture, I smile and act glad to see whoever I'm waving at

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The sour look is meant to ward off unwanted contact. 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great, great humor.  I don’t have a visual aid, but I do have questions:

Where are all the robocalls and telemarketers when you need them?   Can you refer some to me?

How would Barney Fife react to all this?   I’m just imagining:

Now Andy!   How are we going to handle prisoners?   Could we ask Aunt Bea to give Ernest T’s cell a good scrubbing?  I mean—

Now, Barn, stop your fretting.  Firstly, Aunt Bea, although spry for her age, is in that age group that needs to stay home, you know.  ‘Sides, ol’ Ernest will bring in the best disinfectant with that whiskey bottle of his.

Andy, that there would violate all correctional facility decorum!

Barn, simmer dowwwwn.  There’s a lot of things can be done in times of trial like this with a bit of humor—an, and efficiency, if you have a mind to.

(Ring)

Sheriff’s office,  Sheriff Taylor speaking.  Sure, Floyd.  No problem.  Gotch you.  Will do.  I, I know.  I’ll ask Deputy Fife.  Ok.  G-good bye.  You, too.

(click)

What’s that, Andy?

Oh, what with Floyd having to temporarily close the barber shop, he’s of course hesitant to go shopping and all—

And?

Well, Barn, as he asks, I’m going over to get some groceries and take them to him.  See ya.

Mmm, didn’t Floyd tell you to “Ask Deputy Fife”? 

Oh yes, uh, what he meant by that was just his gentlemanly barber’s way of asking you to maintain the public tranquility.  You know, like staying calm.

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Okay. Not so much a giggle but I love this one...

Love it!!! I've been wondering why no one has done small at home church services. 

1 hour ago, Alley said:

Love it!!! I've been wondering why no one has done small at home church services. 

I don’t think it’s allowed, depending on the state. I ours, I don’t believe even groups of less than ten are allowed anymore.

2 minutes ago, Zee said:

I don’t think it’s allowed, depending on the state. I ours, I don’t believe even groups of less than ten are allowed anymore.

That might be true. Still, family Bible studies would be great for people to do, and I've not heard anyone talk about that. 

5 minutes ago, Alley said:

7f8f2eb453e1ca371ffbb420f2150108.jpg

On packages of Scott toilet paper, are the words "4 Rolls = 4,000 sheets", along with "4 Rolls Last 4 Weeks".  That could mean that 167 weeks, are just how long Sam expects the corona virus quarantine to last.