Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Barnyardmare

Tired of this cow poo

I am tired of this corona virus cow poo!  My Facebook feeds are full of doomsday poo and I begin to wonder if the Christian friends I have are actually Christian with all the doomsday posts they make or share.  Am I the only one who looks at this as way overblown? Of course it can be deadly to some, that is the way with viruses.  Influenza has killed over 20,000 since October 2019 and no one is even noticing the death loss from that virus.

I've been exposed to the cattle strain of corona on many occasions.  I think I will do okay if I am exposed to this novel virus. When the gentleman who studied small pox found women who were immune to small pox because they had had cow pox, it was a break through.  At this time, I want to believe that the cow strain may help me be immune or lessen the punch, if I were to get it.  I don't want to get it, because my 81 yr old mother would probably get it.  Still, neither one of us fear this virus because we trust God in all things. (I am distressed that so many Christians are freaking out).

I think the best medicine for this situation.  We need to laugh, we need to get outside and enjoy fresh air and sunshine (if we can get some).  I sit out on the bench by our front pond and watch the border collies chase the ducks into the pond and then they try to herd the ducks in the water.  I also watch our Giant bullfrog that likes to jump out of the water and hit Tucker (my 1 yr old border collie) in the backside.  WHAT A JOKE!  That poor dog goes straight up and starts looking for that frog.  This happened last year when Tuck was just a few months old.  Scared the poor guy. Now it is an outrright  "I'm gonna get you" game.  Tuck hunts for that frog every day and that frog knows it.  I've seen that green thing pop up out of the water right after Tuck walks by him.  I wish I had a good video camera with a good telescope on it.  

I have to laugh at many things as I observe things outside.  Fly, my 2 yr old border collie is a nut.  Her exuberance exceeds her brain function at times.  She can jump into my arms from several feet away but hasn't mastered this trick as well as her aunt Jinx.  Yesterday I called her to help me with the goats and she runs and jumps over the temporary fencing and hooks her front foot, sending her spinning out of control and landing on her side.  She gets up and looks around for the other dogs and they aren't there (she doesn't face the embarrassment well with the other dogs around).  Once she knows the other dogs missed her goof, she helps me get the goats rounded up.

I laugh at the new calves across the road as they learn to run and buck.  I wish I didn't have to deal with the internet, television or silly phones as the joy  I get from laughter outside far outweighs the 'danger' of a virus.  God help us all!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Barnyardmare said:

My Facebook feeds are full of doomsday poo and I begin to wonder if the Christian friends I have are actually Christian with all the doomsday posts they make or share.

This is the only "doomsday" posts that I share:

90526673_10216279186801522_8476750126302363648_n.thumb.jpg.1a5149ef174f89a1022cefaeb89e72a0.jpg

• Haha 2

My husband will likely die if he catches this virus. Then again, he has the same problem with the flu and the cold. So, we're taking this seriously, physically. And not exactly seriously mentally.

No idea if this will show, but here's a thread I added to FB yesterday because Spaulding, (my teddy bear and MC), and his kids dared say the two words every wife/mom loves to here, "I'm bored."

And, just in case it doesn't show, here is the first in the series of what Lady (wife and mother) did about Spaulding's "problem." (And he's still working and regretting ever since. 😆)

mashpotatoes3.jpg

• Like 2

Now that is the kind of humor I love!  Teddy bear peeling spuds!  Are you doing daily adventures with the bear?

• Haha 1

It does get downright silly and sad. There are tons of people not jumping on the panic wagon. Lots of us here! ;) Our weather has been mostly WET. Ugh! No getting outside. Your outside sounds wonderful! So glad you have all that. :D

• Like 3

I believe we should take the situation seriously. But panic? Not a not a good response as it'll not do anyone any good. Watching the frog torment the dog for fun is a great image to have in mind vs a world ending image.

Besides, like you said, God is in control and He wins in the end anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zx1ninja said:

I believe we should take the situation seriously. But panic? Not a not a good response as it'll not do anyone any good. Watching the frog torment the dog for fun is a great image to have in mind vs a world ending image.

Besides, like you said, God is in control and He wins in the end anyway. 

Amen, brother!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Barnyardmare said:

Now that is the kind of humor I love!  Teddy bear peeling spuds!  Are you doing daily adventures with the bear?

I had a website or blog about the stuffies for over a decade, before I came up with an idea for a book. That's a lot of photos. :$

One of my favorites is when they balanced my checkbook.

balancing.jpg

• Like 2

There's a web article that explains Italy's vastly higher number of deaths due to the virus.    Hard as it may seem, people can die while having the virus but not because of it.    Italy doesn't distinguish.   There, to have it at the time of death is counted as dying from it.  

On 3/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, Spaulding said:

My husband will likely die if he catches this virus. Then again, he has the same problem with the flu and the cold. So, we're taking this seriously, physically. And not exactly seriously mentally.

I understand, Spaulding, since December my hubby has had dto be caeful of what he eats,watching the sodium levels of food. This is in addition to my special diet. We canceled a ortho visit I was to have this past Friday mostly due to his concern about being around people and him getting congested. Between my messed up left foot and his concern about getting germs, we are staying in. Not because we have to but because we know it is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 11:15 PM, Barnyardmare said:

We need to laugh, we need to get outside and enjoy fresh air and sunshine (if we can get some).

We spent the last two days looking for rocks. Of course, we were looking for things like agates and amethysts and (no, not diamonds) other gems. We picked up lots of rocks that will turn out to be leaverites. But we had good exercise out in the sun (and wind, because that's what we get here).