Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Ragamuffin_John

First Assembly of Self-Quarantined Christians

Posted (edited)

Thanks to God, my wife and I found a way to leave Spain and get back to our Stateside residence.  We arrived home yesterday.  My wife and I have no COVID-19 symptoms.  I can’t stand that acronym.   It sounds like the Evil Empire’s version of R2D2.

Well, today is Day 1 of our required 14-day self-quarantine.  

Immediate challenges:

* Grow in fellowship with Abba Father through prayer and His Word.

* Make the required contact with the State health officials (we have to log daily temperature readings and call them in)

* Yeah!   As soon as we got home, my wife went on-line to order home delivery of groceries.  Receive them today.

* My mailbox is across the street and mail resumes tomorrow.  Contact Post Office to see if they can drop our mail in front of door inside my garage.  
* Figure out why the initial Amazon Fire TV screen I always get when I turn on the TV remote is not showing.

* Learn to use my wife’s treadmill.

* Let humor be a contagious remedy (our monkish lifestyle ends on April Fool’s Day 😉)

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

our monkish lifestyle ends on April Fool’s Day 😉

No jokes, right? 

Glad you were able to get home. May you be blessed in your relationship with God in this time! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

Let humor be a contagious remedy (our monkish lifestyle ends on April Fool’s Day 😉)

According to Readers Digest, laughter is the best medicine. :D

• Like 1

*Check in regularly with your Christian fellowship here.  

I really like your title! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Humor...

In Spain, we were about to taxi for take-off (language and company not given) when the pilot suddenly announced, “We are delayed for maintenance that should have been performed.”   During some apparent testing, all power to the cabin shut off twice.  Empty silence among the passengers until one said, “Let’s go outside and push.”   Lots of laughter. 

The pilot then advised, rather bluntly, “We are switching to a different plane; this one is broken.”   

When we got aboard the sister aircraft, the same pilot (!) announced we should still arrive at out our destination at the same time.   Same “Captain Broken.”  I change my mind.  The Protestant Reformation must have reached Spain.  We were one bunch of forgiving passengers.🙂

Edited by Ragamuffin_John

So glad you are home. My best friend's niece and husband are SUPPOSED to leave France tomorrow and fly home. They know they will be quarantined for 14 days. My friend's sister-in-law is in an assisted living facility here in our town. We don't know how long it will be before the niece will be able to see her mother.

There was a brief window between my first great-grandchild's birth and her mother's self-quarantine that I missed because I hadn't had a flu shot. So it's another two weeks before I meet Yuri'ella.

(My daughter's workout partner was exposed to someone who tested positive. Then my daughter was in almost constant contact with the baby and new mama. Better safe than sorry!)

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:07 AM, Ragamuffin_John said:

My mailbox is across the street and mail resumes tomorrow.  Contact Post Office to see if they can drop our mail in front of door inside my garage.  

Just so you know -- although we're not supposed to go near other people, it doesn't mean we can't go outside. We can, as long as we stay away from others.

I'm trying to use this time to work on my garden, if weather and deliveries permits. If you can cross the street and get to your mailbox without passing other people, go for it. Fresh air is good for us, and being able to go out, even if just on our property, makes us feel less confined.

(I've heard from some folks that they're walking/riding in the woods/country, just to get outside without contacting other people.)

• Like 1

Our church received a new pastor last s\mmer. During this time of self-quarantine, he uses a phone system feature to give a message to us each day. He had been taping his messages to be shown on You Tube since shortly after he and his wife came to us. Last Sunday's message was recorded on Satuday night with a few people in the pews-less than 10. This week, he contacted those in the congregation by email and his wife assisted him by contacting those on Facebook to institute a "shepherding" program.  During the prayer group confernce call. She told us that they received 21 responses to their plea to have some people "shepherd" other members of the congregation-check on them once a week and relay the needs to the church office and they would find someone to take care of that need. We will all have lists of who we are to check in on.

I have been making a few calls to people who are aged and have medical conditions for about nine or ten days, 

God brought us a caring pastor and we are beginning to feel like family.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 12:15 PM, Spaulding said:

(I've heard from some folks that they're walking/riding in the woods/country, just to get outside without contacting other people.)

I walked out in the pasture yesterday for an hour (on the lee side of the tree row, because the wind was blowing). Back and forth 200 steps, but I felt much better afterward.

17 hours ago, quietspirit said:

God brought us a caring pastor and we are beginning to feel like family.

God is walking straight through the walls of the church.  We are more like family than ever.  And it is wonderful!

Nothing like the good outdoors to breath life into a body.  I saw Mr. And Mrs. Pilliated Woodpecker on my walk yesterday.  Spring is springing even though it continues to snow here.  How’s your snow, Carolina?