Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Spaulding

Virtual Global Quarantine sharing

It seems the primary purpose corporations in America have is to notify every email address they have on how responsible they're being now. So far, (and it's still Monday morning), Grubhub and Consumer Cellular have emailed me to tell me how responsible they are for their consumers' health during this quarantine. Two companies who have no physical contact with me notifying me on how safe it is for me to use them, because they're responsible. Oi vey!

How many have you received so far? And what other amusing antidotes from the world of virtual global quarantine would you like to share?

Just to show you what I mean about amusing antidotes, we did order in Saturday night. (Thus Grubhub. 😏) Hubby does use face masks often, so we considered, momentarily, of worrying the deliverer. Hubby was going to put on his face mask and then cough a lot when the guy delivered.

We think these things. We don't do them. But hubby did tell the guy what he thought to do, and the deliverer had a good laugh with us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sadly, my belief is that they will try to cash in on this. Greed is a powerful tool of the enemy. It easily sneaks in with selfishness and convinces one this is the right thing to do.

• Like 2

I work with a number of financial institutions (banks) who have sent me notices about how they are making their branches extra clean. I think that's more an effort to reassure their customers that it's safe to visit the bank if they need to.

4 hours ago, Spaulding said:

Hubby was going to put on his face mask and then cough a lot when the guy delivered.

These days that could draw an emergency response. ;)

I was in a grocery store last week (before all the panic) and had to cough into my  sleeve. I didn't have a cold, or was sick - just needed to clear my throat. A women at the far end of my isle gave me a panicked look and turned her cart around for a hasty retreat. 😄

Sadly, that's the world we live in now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Sadly, my belief is that they will try to cash in on this. Greed is a powerful tool of the enemy. It easily sneaks in with selfishness and convinces one this is the right thing to do.

I am sad to say, I agree with Z.

• Like 2

We just couldn't get to the store last week until Friday, which was a bad day to shop, since that's the day our government -- at all three levels -- decided this is what we're doing.

So crowded, it just wasn't worth going down some aisles, or going back when we forgot something. So, went back today, hoping few others were still going. And it kind of worked. There were less, but some were a new breed of shopper.

My dad did the shopping when I was growing up. And hubby and I like shopping together, so I'm used to competent men in the supermarket. Today I met a couple who seemed to be so lost. I think it was wife's day to go shopping, but work was closed, so they went too. And two different guys walked right in front of my moving cart to stare at nothing on a shelf, before their wives called them from around the corner. They honestly walked away with arms drooping to their sides like they had no idea what was going on.

And, here are three things it seems no one can do without in a quarantine:

-- SoftSoap. (Okay? What were these people using before?)

-- Creamer. (Honest. Cow's still get milked twice a day, even during a quarantine.)

-- Unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond-milk yogurt. o_O (Good thing they didn't go for the unsweetened plain coconut-milk yogurt. 😆)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, Spaulding said:

And, here are three things it seems no one can do without in a quarantine:

-- SoftSoap. (Okay? What were these people using before?)

-- Creamer. (Honest. Cow's still get milked twice a day, even during a quarantine.)

-- Unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond-milk yogurt. o_O (Good thing they didn't go for the unsweetened plain coconut-milk yogurt. 😆)

Items out when I went to the store:  Bread, Toilet Paper, Spaghetios, Tuna Fish, Pasta

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 12:11 PM, Spaulding said:

How many have you received so far?

Have received a ton of these. And they're mostly coming from online companies, people, whatever. I went to a site to download a free image and this popped up in the corner...

image.png.f4c0671cfe4461620ae955d5e02bce93.png

LOL xD

• Haha 2

Right.  I’ve received a half dozen emails from varying industries about their promise to deliver the goods during the virus outbreak.  None from my firewall software company.  Unlike the Corona beer company, I suppose the computer outfit thinks a play on the word “virus” would too be flippant for a company to invoke.

I have called a couple of the companies that emailed me.  For once, their decades old recorded mantra of “Due to our unusually high call volume” makes sense.

• Haha 1